Back to work

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny Stephens

I went back to work today, 8 weeks to the day from when I left. They were really good to me and are helping me ease back into the flow slowly.

Pretty much everyone had a good idea of what I've been through, even people that I don't interact with that much. Lots of people came by to hear about my valve surgery firsthand, and by midday I was a bit hoarse.

I was surprised to discover how much walking I do as part of my job...lots running down the hall to ask a question in person instead of waiting for email, etc. I'm sure I will adjust to this quickly.

I'm tired, but it's a "good kind of tired." (Apologies to David Letterman).

Congratulations, Johnny - this is the step that lets you know you are back in the mainstream again. Just don't work longer than your body tells you to. God bless

I admire that. When I attempted to go back to work, I found that most everyone I worked with expected way more then I could handle. They weren't very sensitive to all that my body had been through.

Sounds like your employer and personel are a big + for you and your recovery.

My employer was also very understanding after my surgery. If I got too tired they had no problem if I left early or did some work at home (I do a lot on the phone and computer).
Don't push yourself too hard and listen to your body. It took me 6 -12 months to really feel completely healed from the surgery.
One of the things I learned to do was take naps, which I had never done in my life.
Good luck.

Hi Johnny, good for you! It sounds like you have an understanding employer. I didn't get so lucky, and they didn't like the speed at which I worked only 2 months out. So I came back to being an at home mom. I'm opening up my own business soon and will enjoy that immensly! Just don't overdo yourself, alright? I made that mistake. They had me working 37 hours a week in the evening, and I had to get up in the morning with two kids, so I was only getting like 3-4 hours of sleep at night. Didn't last long.

Johnny,

Congrat's on getting back to work. For me, it gave back a sence of being normal again. Being a programming contractor, also gave my checkbook a chance to recover. :D

Also enjoying a check book again!

Also enjoying a check book again!

I agree with Chris, good to be back to work again. I was living on disability Ins. and it just got me by. My work friends were very understanding and always asking how I was feeling. Every day I feel stronger and feel more myself. It is so good to work again.

Syl:D :D :D :D

Latest posts

Back