Back to surgery - at 7 months

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About two months ago - 1. My dog died 2. My mother fell and broke her hip 3. My truck would not start- ALL IN ONE DAY - I still am planning a country and western ballad to include the broken heart. Thank you for everyone who has responded - It does help to talk directly to folks who walked the walk. Bless you all- I have surgery the 22nd this month -

About two months ago - 1. My dog died 2. My mother fell and broke her hip 3. My truck would not start- ALL IN ONE DAY - I still am planning a country and western ballad to include the broken heart. Thank you for everyone who has responded - It does help to talk directly to folks who walked the walk. Bless you all- I have surgery the 22nd this month -

Oh crap, you do have the makings of a country song there.....but the good vibes from this site will carry
you over the mountain on the 22nd. Best wishes.

I was going to say, "Oh crap" too... I had to put my best friend -12 year kitty down a month after surgery, because he was too sick with kidney cancer and I was too sick to sub-cute drip electrolytes into him when he started to need it... Bina, here, pulled me thru that one. We're here, and we'll be here both sides the mountain. Hugs and prayers. Michelle

JUSTWAITING,
Your situation is one of my greatest fears, as my valve was replaced in the presence of infection. You are right though, we know the risks and there are no guarantees. Prayers on the way now and in the future. :angel:

JUSTWAITING, Have been right where you are ,so I know there is nothing I can say to make you feel any better about this. All my thoughts and Prayers... Daren

YES- losing my dog was tough- There are not many relatives I would jackhammer a grave and give a ceremony for.
Pets do not cost as much as children and they are always happy to see you. "Shaggydog" was never real smart but always happy. Sounds simple ?

YES- losing my dog was tough- There are not many relatives I would jackhammer a grave and give a ceremony for.
Pets do not cost as much as children and they are always happy to see you. "Shaggydog" was never real smart but always happy. Sounds simple ?

We lost our 15 year old dog a month ago, your 'Shaggydog" sounds much like my "Dudley" (german shorthair/germanwirehair) not the brightest spark in the fire but so happy and entertaining. We miss him so much.

I am so sorry you have to climb the mountain again, that is always a fear for me. Though this time you know what to expect and to ask for what you need to get through this. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers too.

Just-Waiting - As others have said - at least not much waiting this time around. Can't even imagine what you are going through - but just know all of us here are sending good vibes and thoughts your way. That has to count for something. On that Country and Western song - I know a good ol' Texas boy like you can probably write a classic. Something to do while you are recovering. I pm'd you my phone number. I'm in Austin, so let me know if there is anything I can do to help out.

Thank you Rhena and all the others - I feel like I have many friends I will never even meet. I am now approx 48 hours from surgery and trying to place my self and business in position to survive. Time flies by when your on vacation or waiting for the surgery. But don"t worry I stopped at "hooters" on the way from the hospital pre-op (with my wife"s permission)- I now have new hope and reason for living. I will have someone call Rhena to post for me. God Bless You all. Steve

Latest posts

Back