Back in A-Fib

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gail in Ca

Yes, that's right, my heart is beating kinda crazily at times. I did find out something I didn't know before about A-fib. I mentioned to the cardiologist that I had a bad cold and when it was getting better finally, I noticed my heart beating more irregular.
He said a bad cold could bring it on again, even intestinal upset could do it. So, he wants me to wait awhile and see if my body goes back to normal rhythm. I don't have SOB or dizziness, light headedness, either, so I will wait and see.
I feel it's hard to live with A-FIb with the noise of the valve reminding me of how my heart is beating so wildly, especially at night, when I'm trying to fall asleep. I think I've actually only been in A-fib for 3 days, but I'm not really sure about that.
I just want a heart that beats like it's supposed to! Oh well, I will try to go on as if nothing is happening. He said I could still exercise, just listen to my body and don't overdo it. Such is life, again...

Wow, Gail, I'm so sorry to hear that! Interesting about A-fib being triggered by illness. Hopefully it'll go away on its own quickly now that you're over your cold. :)

Latest posts

Back