AVR Planned for Wed 9-23-09

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So glad that you found us! Best wishes and prayers for your surgery. Please post after surgery with any questions and concerns. I can't imagine post-surgery without everyone here's help. Not sleeping well ... 20 responses within 24 hours on great suggestions. It is so helpful and comforting to know that you are not alone.

Dan, I just now saw your thread and hope your surgery went well.
I had two OHS in four years at Mass General and the care I got there was wonderful. Hope you have the same experience.

Please let us know how you are doing when you are able. Chances are good you might even be going home today or tomorrow. Hope so. :)

Made it home today. exhausted. Will post more detailed update (in post-surg)within the day. New valve working great, but could not sleep at all in hospital. Thank you all for the well wishes.

I wish you well on your surgery. I am also very scared because I have aortic stenosis too due to a congenital heart defect. My cardiologist is suggesting a pig valve and I'm not too happy because I hear they don't last that long and I am only 62. Please let me know how long your Dad's pig valve lasted. Best of luck to you.
Carol

Hi Eva,
Please let me know what you think of your mechanical vavle. I wanted to look into that kind of vavle because they last longer but my cardiologist keeps telling me to get a pig valve. I hope you are feeling better.

I am planning on having Dr. Gillinov for my surgeon too. What kind of vavle did you get?>

Dan - welcome home!!! I'm sure it is a relief to be out of the hospital and I suspect that you feel like you got run over by a mack truck. (from all I've read - not from first hand experience) They say it gets better with each day. Here is wishing you a speedy recovery and back to your life of hockey and whatever else you love to do. You're still in my prayers. I am curious too what valve you chose in the end.

Rhena

So glad to read that you are home!

So glad to read that you are home!

Welcome home Dan! Really happy to hear from you. Like Rhena, I am curious to see what valve you chose. I'll be looking for your updates in the post-surgery section. Meanwhile, take it easy and I'm sure you will sleep much better at home now.

Nadine

Latest posts

Back