AVR on the 11th but I'm sick

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dodger Fan

I started to get a sore throat and other symptoms on Tuesday. While taking a shower Wednesday morning before work I decided I felt bad enough with impending surgery that I should not go in. I have been resting since Wednesday and pushing fluids. I am coughing, sneezing, getting chills, stuffed up nose, etc. I have pre-op stuff on Monday the 4th. My surgery is scheduled for the 11th. I am hoping that I will be over it by the 4th. I really don't want to delay the surgery. It will be a huge pain in the rear-end, since all the plans have been made. Say a prayer, cross fingers, send healing vibes, or whatever. I appreciate it.

Sorry if I posted twice.

Praying for you for strong come back and surgery on the 11th as planned. I'm kind of fighting that same battle for the last week or 10 days but l think l'm winning. Good vibes possitve thoughts and x✌ 👐

I had a cold about a week before my first AVR. They said I'd be over the worst of it by surgery day, so it wasn't a showstopper. You'll probably find out your hospital's policy at the pre-op. Good luck!

Thanks for the kind words. I am feeling way better. Unless I have a relapse my surgery should go as scheduled. I did all of my pre-op stuff yesterday. I am hoping HarrietW is resting as comfortably as possible right now.

Good luck on your surgery and recovery! I'm looking into my crystal ball, ohhh yessss, I see a bright and prosperous future for you. :)

Glad to hear that you are feeling better! Praying that you have a full recovery before the 11th so that you can move forward with the surgery. :) Now, do something nice for yourself before the 11th. My very best wishes...

Thanks everyone. I'm in icu still. I can hear the valve. It's not bothering me. Chest tubes out this morning. I'm on a temporary pace maker. Doctor said my valve was really bad. Pain is 6 or 7 or of 10 right now. I should be moving to another room this afternoon.

Fantastic news!
Welcome to the other side of the curtain.
Wishing you a good and gentle recovery and looking forward to further updates.
Rest and best.
Seaton.

Thanks so much for posting an update! Glad the valve noise is not bothering you. Sounds like you are on target with the recovery process. Just be patient with yourself as others here will tell you.

Latest posts

Back