AVR on hold: pulmonary surgery scheduled instead for Plumber1

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Mary

Please, everyone, hold a good thought for Plumber1 on Tuesday. He was originally scheduled for replacement and aneurysm repair on June 12th, but the surgeons treating him now feel it's more important to remove the cancerous lung growth this Tuesday and plan his valve replacement several months down the road.
God Bless and Godspeed, Plumber, as you face these hurdles on your way to renewed health.

All our prayers and best wishes will be with you on Tuesday, Plumber. Godspeed!

You are definitely in my prayers, especially given your extra difficulties.

God Bless.

Thank you everyone for such wonderful support! Your prayers and well wishes make a big difference to me.

This may seem odd, but even in the midst of facing 2 major surgeries, I still feel like an incredibly lucky guy. I have renewed appreciation for the life I have, the people I love, the plants that are growing in the garden, how blue the sky is and how tasty a glass of red wine can be.

I will be a hurting dog for a while but my outcome will be good. I have already made the decision to work through the recent diagnosis and related encumbrances and see myself in good health again.

My lovely wife will give report on progress until I have returned from the hospital and can respond personnaly.

God bless.

What an incredible attitude you have Plumber. May God bless you with wonderful outcomes with your upcoming surgeries.

You're in my thoughts, Plumber. Sending the very best wishes to you. You have a great attitude that will bring you far. We'll look forward to hearing good news when your wife finds the time to post here.

Godspeed.

Plumber,

What a great attitude you have!

Thoughts/prayers coming your way for SUCCESSFUL surgeries :).

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker
PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"We got mountains to climb" ... Rod Stewart ... 'Broken Arrow'

Mark's (Plumber 1) surgery on June 12

Mark's (Plumber 1) surgery on June 12

Hello Nice Strangers Who've Been Such Great Support to the Love of my Life--

Mark?s surgery to remove the upper lobe of his right lung went fine yesterday and he?s resting fairly comfortably at Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia.

The surgeon, Dr. Quinton, said there was no visual sign of cancer anywhere else but he removed several lymph nodes which will be biopsied this week. We?ll hopefully hear good news in a couple of days. If there is no cancer, he might not have to have any further treatment. They?ll just monitor his lungs closely until he hits the 5 year cancer free mark, which I'm sure he's going to do!

Dr. Quinton said he?d do the heart in three months or so, but we?re going to see if it can be done sooner than that.

I?ll be at the hospital with him pretty much 24/7. Best scenario is home in 4-5 days, but it could be up to 10. I'll check this site for messages when I come home each day and keep him up to date on what's happening with you all.

Thank you for your prayers and good thoughts. You helped bring him through!

Kim

*Hi Kim, Im delighted to read such good news about Mark. Please pass on best wishes and prayers to him for a full recovery. Take care of yourself also during all of this.

Wonderful news, Kim. Thanks so much for posting and please give Mark our best wishes for a speedy and uneventful recovery.

Thanks for the update, Kim. Really glad Mark's doing okay. Hope the recovery goes extremely well. Take care.

Cancer free!

Cancer free!

Hi,

Got the news yesterday that the biopsy showed no cancer in the lymph nodes so it looks like Mark's in the clear! Yahoo! This is a tremendous relief, but still a "wake up call" to do what's meaningful and important in life, and to love well and live well.

He's feeling better everyday. Hopefully he'll get the tubes draining his lungs out today or tomorrow and be home soon.

Thanks, again, for all the good wishes.

Kim

That is SO wonderful to hear. Yippee!! You can tell him that my husband had two lung surgeries, and he told me that they were much worse pain-wise than open heart valve surgery, and Joe was not a whiner by any means. So, if he can get through this, he'll do OK with heart surgery.

Latest posts

Back