AV Area measurement

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundsgirl

Hey everyone. I hopes this finds everyone doing alright or atleast on the road to feeling alright.

I have a current post about the rise in my gradient numbers, but I actually have a copy of my echo report I got today, I had found out about the gradient numbers via phone call with my PCP.

There was also a change in the AV Area;

In August it was AV Area 1.49 cm2
In November it AV Area 0.95 cm2

So it this bad? Is it just a number that reflects the stenosis on my tissue vavle?

Thanks in advance for all who reply. Take care everyone.

Hi Lisa,

Glad you got the report. Interesting stuff, right?

I'm no medical professional but a drop of about .5 CM2 in just a few months seems pretty significant. Mine dropped a similar amount (between .4 and .7 CM2) in a little over a year, and my surgeon said that was a quick progression.

You know the old saying around here: "The worse things get, the faster things get worse."'

Best wishes,

Jim

By echo, if the doc isn't worried about it, I wouldn't wory about it. Echo's aren't that accurate. Mine is showing less area also, but everything else is the same. If that were true, then something else would be off somewhere else.

Latest posts

Back