Aussiegal/Tonia's Released Soon To Be With Us!!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

God I hate waiting.

Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Current time Thursday, April 20, 2006 at 8:46:29 PM WST

I'm Tonia's Mum and as you know she had surgery today. Actually twice today. I have tried to explain it as best I know how or understand it at this point. I will keep you posted.

We're not travelling too well here at present. After 6 hrs in surgery [ it took longer than they expected and was trickier] they brought Tonia back to the ICU and I was waiting to see her, and she was doing really well they said. But then her heart stopped 3 times and they rushed her back into surgery for another 4 hrs. They felt she had an air bubble or clot - which happens from the process and drugs. But when they opened her up again the right side of her heart hadn't kicked in properly so they had to then do a by-pass - she'll get a surprise- as well. That is working but they will not keep her cooled down and out of it for at least 48 hrs to give her body/heart time to recover. They even increased the dope so she wouldn't try to breathe - cos she doesn't need to. She has twenty trillion tubes/wires/hoses etc coming out all over her. Poor kid. . I told Grammie/Poppie and Kevin to send her back if she knocks on the GATE They had better.!!!(they are her maternal g'parents and father)
Probably won't be much to report tomorrow so I'll wait until Sat.
Best love Noelene XXzzXX

My thoughts and prayers are with her. I wish there was more that we could do.

Oh God...I have been checking since I got up as I am only 6 hours behind Ton and I'm so upset to hear she's having such a hard time. I am going to pray like I have never prayed before that she will pull through this...she just has to.

Maureen

This is upsetting to say the least. I had so hoped for easy times for both her and Margarette. Praying it is just a temporary thing AND that she won't remember any of it when she finally does wake.

Praying in Ohio

Praying in Ohio

Stopping my work chores right now to start some prayers for Ton. Hopefully this is a short lived setback and she will be back on track.

We are saddened to hear this report. Certainly are hoping for a positive turn around. Our thoughts and prayers are with Tonia.

I'm keeping Tonia in my thoughts and prayers. Remember, it's never over 'til it's over, and where there's life there's hope. I've seen my husband come through some actually horrible things, and there are others here who have had even more horrible things happen, and lived to tell the tale.

I will keep very positive thoughts and say some prayers for the docs too, that they are tracking her every problem and putting out fires as they come along.

Please keep us posted.

So sorry to hear

So sorry to hear

of Tonia's complications post surgery (major understatement).

Prayers and well wishes from me, also.

Christina L

So so sorry to hear Tonia's having these problems! Had so hoped her surgery would be problem free!
Will keep her in my thoughts
Love Emma
xxx

Sending up prayers

Sending up prayers

For Tonia's overcoming this setback, and for peace and comfort for her family as they deal with the fear and uncertainty.

So

So

sorry to hear of the complications Tonia is having with her surgery. My thoughts and prayers are definitely with her and her family.

God Bless!
Gail

Pulling for Tonia

Pulling for Tonia

You must feel so worried for her. I too will pray for her and you. It must be very difficult to watch your daughter undergo such trauma. My thoughts and prayers our with you and I hope you will be able to feel comforted during this difficult time.

Tonia my friend, you can do it!!!!

Tonia my friend, you can do it!!!!

I'm lost for words here! Tonia and I have become friends over the past few months and I even phoned her in Australia a while back. She was actually planning to go to NZ to meet me and Wendy before she was given a date for her surgery. I pray to God that nothing bad happens to her now! She was so excited about getting better, and she WILL!!! We've chatted about all sorts of things and she's such a lively person! I'm really sorry to hear that she's having setbacks but God will be good and she'll pull through. I'll continue to keep her and all the family in my prayers and my fingers will be more crossed than before!!
Débora

Back