Arthritis/ Meds

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hall

I went to the doctor and told him I have aches in all joints and muscles. He said he would not put me on anything like celebrex. He said because of precaution w/the heart??? He did give me a shot of cortosone. That helped a lot. I got the shot the end of March. My hands, knees and toes are already starting to ache again. I do take asprin 81mg daily and hate to take ibuprofen all the time too. I do take Glucosamine daily. He did test me for Rheumatory arthritis and it came back negative, thankfully. Any advice?

Deb,
I have the same thing. I use a totally natural vitamin that has no side affects and it really has worked. I've been on it for over three months and have seen a big difference in my joints and muscles.
Pm me if you are interested in checking it out plus I take a really good calicum also.
Crystal

Deb,

I have a friend and a relative who treat their arthritis with grapes seeds!!! Yes, Trader's Joe sells ground grape seeds and they east half a tea spoon every day. They both swear that when they forget, after a few days the pain returns. Try it...it won't hurt in case it did not help you. I keep forgetting to buy it when I go to T J store as I am starting to feel pain in my knuckles sometimes.

Never heard of just selling grape seeds, let alone eating them. I will see if I can even find them. Thank you both for the information.

I have not had my valve replaced as of yet, and I do have arthritis. I stopped taking NSAIDs, because of bleeding concerns. (I take Plavix). I do take glucosamine chondroitin, and chlorzoxozone. Chlorzoxozone (Parafon Forte) is a muscle relaxant, old as the hills, and cheap as dirt. I find that it does help. Check with your doc, and see if this is a possibility for you.

Peter was on glucosamine/chondroitin/msm prior to surgery and they allowed him to start it again yesterday (8 days post-op). They asked us to back off the omega-3 and go for salmon and the like 3 times a week. I didn't understand why until I got home and read up about it.

They gave him cortosone injections in the knees before surgery so I hope the combo keeps things at a tollerable level.

I was looking at my bottle of Glucosamine and it does not contain chondroitin or cholrzone. The next time I buy it, I will make sure it has those in it. Thanks Tom for the names of the books.

Chlorzoxozone (Parafon Forte) is a muscle relaxant, old as the hills, and cheap as dirt.
I looked for this today in 2 different stores and could not find it. Is it where teh vitamins are?? I did get some Glucosmine/Chondroitin but could not find Chlorzoxozone.

Back