Arixtra goes generic

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

FDA approves generic fondaparinux sodium.
The AP (7/13) reported the Food and Drug Administration "approved a generic version of a blood-clot treatment made by Dr. Reddy's Laboratories, the company said Wednesday." Dr. Reddy's "said the approval covers several doses of the fondaparinux sodium injection in prefilled, color-coded single-dose syringes. It is a generic version of the GlaxoSmithKline blood-clot treatment, Arixtra

FDA approves generic fondaparinux sodium.
The AP (7/13) reported the Food and Drug Administration "approved a generic version of a blood-clot treatment made by Dr. Reddy's Laboratories, the company said Wednesday." Dr. Reddy's "said the approval covers several doses of the fondaparinux sodium injection in prefilled, color-coded single-dose syringes. It is a generic version of the GlaxoSmithKline blood-clot treatment, Arixtra

Thanks, Marty.
Is this only used when treating DVTs?

Thanks, Marty.
Is this only used when treating DVTs?

It can also be used like Lovenox. Bridging, at start of warfarin therapy, etc. In practise I have only seen it used by the orthopedists to prevent post op thrombosis after hip and knee replacements. It is like the very expensive much adverised Pradaxa a factor xA inhibitor. It should not be used for anticoagulation for valve patients. I myself would not recommend it for afib patients. Going generic will make it much less expensive for the orthopedic patients.

Latest posts

Back