Anyone know what this could be?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Kari72

Hello to all!
It has been awhile since I have posted, but things have been pretty uneventful until yesterday. My cardiologist sent me to have a TEE done to measure my aorta. The procedure went fine (i slept through the entire thing) but they found something on my aorta. The cardio who did the procedure said he has done hundreds of these and has never seen anything like it before, so he called my cardio who came over and looked at the results and he had never seen this before. What they found was a dark zig-zag shaped line along my aorta at the point of my dialation. My cardio said it could possibly be a dissection, but he had never seen this type of line associated with a disection before. So, now I am waiting for the hospital to call me for the CT scan I now have to have. I had a CT earlier this year and this line was not there, so if it is not a disection, does anyone know what it could be?
I have not had any crushing chest pains or anything else that would make me think anything else might be wrong, so I am a little freaked out!:eek:

I have never heard of anything like it.
Sorry.
Someone may come along who may know something.
Dina:)

You're doing everything you can to get more information on what the zig zag might represent. Is your CT scheduled yet? Let us know the results. Meanwhile, we'll send positive thoughts your way.

I hope they plan on doing one of the new 3D catscans. It should clearly show what it is. If it were I dissection, there is no doubt in my mind you would know it. Been there and done that!

My CT has been scheduled for this Monday afternoon, so I am sure if it was a dissection they would let me know right away. I am beginning to wonder if the equipment they used for the TEE was working properly. Ross, I learned from you that when you have a dissection it is the worst pain you could experience! I have had no severe chest or back pains, so I truly believe they were seeing an artifact or had a messed up machine. I will let you all know what I find out on Monday, if they will tell me. If not, I meet with my cardio again on the 31st of Dec. Thanks for your replies, it helps me stay calm!:D

Good luck with the CT on Monday. Thoughts/prayers coming your way.

I sure hope it was just equipment not functioning properly somehow....

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...RT 66 drive = Sept '09
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Will I be merry or will I be blue?" ... Deborah Allen ... 'Rockin' Little Christmas'

I truly believe they were seeing an artifact or had a messed up machine.
It would make sense since the doctors say that they have never
seen anything like it....that rules out alot depending on how
experienced the interpreter was.
Best wishes-Dina

Latest posts

Back