anyone ever experience fatigue or iratability with coumadin... side affects?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psalmist

I seem to deal with a constant light fatigue that I think may be related to my coumadin. I am healthy and not depressed. Any thoughts...

I take too many medications to be able to distinguish. I'm usually sensitive to medications in general, but I didn't notice any clear side effects at all with coumadin. I might get colder easier, once in a while I feel vertigo and I taste blood sometimes. That's all I've noticed, and I'm not even sure if I can blame those symptoms on coumadin.

I've taken warfarin for 7+ years. The only times I've had fatigue in that time have been due to Epstein Barr Virus (mono) nearly 3 years ago and a severe vitamin D deficiency this past spring.
Other than niacin and calcium w/ vitamin D, warfarin is the only Rx or OTC I take on a regular basis -- no BP or cholesterol meds.
If you have recurring or continuing fatigue, I would suggest seeing your PCP and having some bloodwork done.

Last edited:
I've been on coumadin for 30+ years & have never had any side affects, thank goodness! And, for 25 years, coumadin & Lanoxin were the only 2 medications I took so I would have noticed it. I'd have a harder time noticing side affects now, since I take 16 meds daily.

I echo what Marsha advised.....when in doubt, see your doctor. Good luck!

Fatigue?

Fatigue?

Nope, light fatigue from coumadin isn't anything I've ever experienced. I've never heard of anyone else having issues with coumadin causing fatigue.

-Philip

I've been taking warfarin for 19+ years, and fatigue that I can attribute to warfarin has not been one of my side effects. I don't think this is recorded in the literature as a side effect, either.

There may be something else going on.....

Like you I take only warfarin but don't experience any fatigue. I do blame it for my worsened memory. (If my wife asks, please back me on this!) I can't honestly say that I experience any side effects that I notice.

Latest posts

Back