Any women with Mirena?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Creed3

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Hi everyone. Just wondering if there are any women here who had Mirena inserted after having valve replacement? I had mine inserted seven years after my OHS due to extremely heavy periods. I was given antibiotics before it was inserted.
I know when it is removed, in a year and a half, that I will need to take antibiotics before the removal. Has anyone here ever heard of just having the Mirena being at an increase of endocarditis? Also is there anything negative with having Mirena and also being on coumadin?

The reason I am wondering about this is because I was reading the thread about premeds before a pap smear. I have never premedicated before a pap smear but I can see where it can be a concern. Then I started to think how I had premedsbefore my mirena was put in. You also are supposed to check your mirena strings every month. That made me wonder if the checking of the strings or even sex or foreplay were possible ways of getting endocarditis. I just never thought about it before and wondered what you all thought. Did anyone ever find out if you do need to premed before a papsmear?

Latest posts

Back