Any guitar players?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Berning

I just wanted to know if any of you on the forum are guitar players and how long it was after surgery before you felt comfortable holding/playing your guitar?

It depends on how fast a person is healing. My post op instructions were about keeping good posture and keeping
my sternum straight for the first few weeks. See how it feels after you play for a few minutes.

Hey Tom,

I'm an avid guitarist. My focus is classical and hence my username which refers to a famous 15-minute long work by J.S. Bach. I am 6 days post AVR and was thinking of trying to play a little. I'll let you know how it goes.

-Steve

Tom,

I just played about 15 minutes on my nylon. Doesn't seem to be a problem, except for sitting in that position for a while might make the collarbone a little more sore.

What styes do you play and what type(s) of guitar(s). I personally have 3 nylon classical, 1 Taylor 810 acoustic, an American Strat and a Carvin 5-string bass.

I played the bass for church regularly before OHS, and I can imagine it will be a while before I can handle several hours with it strapped on me.

chaconne,

Thanks for the news. I'm a steel string fingerstyle player, I have a couple of Taylors, a 314 and a GS7. I'm kind of looking forward to having a lot of practice time!

Well I can't pass that one up. I started picking up my guitars about a month after my surgery.

I was laid off my job last December and opened my shop www.seattleguitarstore.com in August. I now own over 100 guitars 50 amplifiers and about 70 ukuleles.

Latest posts

Back