Another youngish BAV patient joins this forum!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevecro

I have been a long time reader of this forum and its great for information. I am 36 and was diagnosed with BAV with moderate regurgitation in 2010. Just visited the cardiologist today, I guess my valve is slowly getting worse. My Left ventricle end diastolic diameter is 65mm and end systolic diameter is 45mm. My LVEDD has not changed much in 5 years, back then it was 64mm, now 65mm. However the LVESD is 45mm according to today's echo, it was 40mm back in 2010.

My cardiologist said he will speak to a group of surgeons he knows to see what they think. I have to see him in 6 months again. I don't have any symptoms like shortness of breath, I exercise and lift weights 5 days a week at least. I occasionally get some palpitations or fluttering which lasts maybe 5 seconds at most. My cardio didn't seem to concerned. The only thing that concerned him was the Left ventricular end systolic diameter where the usual max is 40mm (in Australia anyway). I have barely mild stenosis of the valve, other than that I am a bigger guy at 6'2 and 240lbs in the old scale. My cardio thinks that some of the 'normal' dimensions' need to be adjusted a little for relative body size. Anyone here have similar measurements? If so how did you feel?

Latest posts

Back