Another setback - back in the hospital

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canon4me

Chest started hurting upon tryin to take deep breath. Went to ER last night. Ct scans, EKG, echo performed. Fluid around heart and went back into AFIB.

Sinus rhythm now. Trying to get my Coumadin numbers down in case they have to take me into a surgery room and withdraw fluid from around my heart.

This was a new low for me last night. Hope life gets better.......

Sorry to hear about your setbacks, I'm sure it is hard to maintain a positive attitude. Just try to be patient and focus on the next moment and think about all the things you will be doing when you are feeling better.

Chin up

It will all workout in due course

Best if luck from all in the UK

Unfortunately, some of us seem to have our unfair share of complications. I'm glad you caught this latest one before it became an even bigger problem. Hang in there, you will turn the corner soon and be on your way to feeling better.

Sorry to hear of your speed bumps, also glad you went to get checked when feeling poorly. Like Kfay said, better to address complication before they get bigger. They will take good care of you and get you on the path of recovery soon. Keep up the good fight.

The road to recovery is not a bump-free freshly maintained asphalt road - it is a bouncy mountain bike track. Try not to think of this as a setback on the road, it's just what the road is. It will even out - in it's own time! Until then, keep a positive attitude and remember how much better you feel now than when you first woke up after surgery! :)

Dear canon4me

The road to recovery is not a bump-free freshly maintained asphalt road - it is a bouncy mountain bike track.

I can only lend my agreement to this view. My own road to recovery has been potholed with a few bridges out. But I don't think I sit about whinging or lamenting it, I just walk forward for as long as I can walk forwards. The alternative was to be dead back there a year or so ago. Should you have any faith in God (other than giving thanks when all is going your way) I offer the following.
“Though he slay me yet will I trust him.” Job 13:15

Dear canon4me

I can only lend my agreement to this view. My own road to recovery has been potholed with a few bridges out. But I don't think I sit about whinging or lamenting it, I just walk forward for as long as I can walk forwards. The alternative was to be dead back there a year or so ago. Should you have any faith in God (other than giving thanks when all is going your way) I offer the following.
“Though he slay me yet will I trust him.” Job 13:15

It didn't appear to me as though I was whining, but if I was perhaps I belong on a different forum. Thanks for the support!

We are thinking and praying for you, another bump in the recovery....You are in good hands, you will get better, bless you

It didn't appear to me as though I was whining, but if I was perhaps I belong on a different forum. Thanks for the support!

Hi

I pondered over those words I wrote and worried that they may be misinterpreted. I am sorry that they were. I was not meaning to suggest you were whinging. I do seem to see here on this form a large amount of highly agitated highly anxious stuff however. Often combined with an apparent discounting of what advice has been given and many agitated calls for prayers or the like.

I often find it hard to grasp as having lived with this for many years I find it difficult to understand how it can be to go from "normal" to "a heart patient" in a short time.

I'm sorry if I have not come across as supportive, I thought I had actually been (and with sincerity) posting best wishes to you on many other occasions.

Sometimes it feels like one step back for every two steps forward. Hope you're moving forward again soon.

We are thinking and praying for you, another bump in the recovery....You are in good hands, you will get better, bless you

Thank you socalhome! If I have been a complainer, I apologize to all of you who have read my posts. I have had a short stint of bad luck, perhaps some medical decisions that could have been better from the Cleveland Team, and feel pretty good with my interventional cardiologist whom is providing for my care now. This is new territory for me, having been healthy my entire life. I hope to some day meet each and every one of you and personally thank you for your support although I know that is not practical. Just know that you are all in my thoughts and prayers and I believe we all share a special kinship.

Jon

If I have been a complainer, I apologize to all of you who have read my posts.

I too have had my fair share of complaining about things here. Complaining is not any sin or crime. We all need to do it, listening to it is what we do and answering is what I at least try to do. My hope is that in my answers that you see a different perspective.

You (3rd person infinitive use of YOU not the 2nd person direct) can read my complaints and whinges here by searching for them if you wished to.

You are doing great, adjusting to a huge recent surgery, recovering. The human body is amazing and recovers at it's own pace:)

Hello~Sorry you are still having issues that are landing you back in the hospital. It is not uncommon for fluid to accumulate around the heart after surgery if that is any consolidation :( . Maybe the fluid was causing your other issues...it just took awhile for enough to accumulate for you to feel it. You made reference to questionable medical decisions by Cleveland Clinic......what do you think Cleveland Clinic could of/should of done differently with your case? Thinking of you and hoping for a speedy resolution.

Hello~Sorry you are still having issues that are landing you back in the hospital. It is not uncommon for fluid to accumulate around the heart after surgery if that is any consolidation :( . Maybe the fluid was causing your other issues...it just took awhile for enough to accumulate for you to feel it. You made reference to questionable medical decisions by Cleveland Clinic......what do you think Cleveland Clinic could of/should of done differently with your case? Thinking of you and hoping for a speedy resolution.

I am glad you asked that. Cleveland discharged me on Coumadine because I was in AFIB. That's not bad in itself. However, after surgery and before discharging me from the hospital, they NEVER did a follow up echo to see if the valve was leaking and if they had they clearly would have seen I was starting to suffer from pericardial effusion (pericarditis) and accordingly would have gotten my Afibs under control rather than dismiss me on Coumadin, which hastened the collection of blood/fluid in the pericardium. This is speculative of course, but one view which my cardiologist put forth.

Latest posts

Back