Another Funny Story

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tlhudson

Quote:
"It's Me, It's Me, It's Ernest T.".....Howard Bass, Andy Griffith Show

Quote:
Noooooo, could it be that we have another screwball on the forum? Are you competing with me? hehe. - Ross Y

Yes Ross, I'm going to try to compete.

I wanted to share with all of you what I did the day of surgery to help put both Chris E and myself, along with the surgeon, at ease.

Unlike other surgeries where there is a left or right item for the doctors to work on, we only have one heart. One hears the horror stories of the wrong item having a procedure preformed on.

To help direct the doctors the day of surgery I had a sign made up and attached it to my chest and kept hidden under my warm blanket.

The sign simple said "THIS SIDE UP!!" It was printed in two lines with a large 64 bold font.

I remember still having it hidden under the blanket as I was put on the table as my arms were being secured.

Talking with the doc afterwards he thought it was great.

Just thought you'd all find this cute.:cool: :cool:

I should've thought of something like that, but being the man err mouse that I am/was, I'd of forgotten to take it with me! :D

I was planning to say "Go Dawgs!" as they put me under for my surgery. A reference to the UW Huskies, since I was being operated on at UWMC.

Thanks to the versed, I don't know if I actually said this or not. I doubt it because other reports are that I was pretty "happy" beforehand.

Terry,

Thanks for sharing this tidbit. :D Very creative. We'll have to wait to see if you've started something that will catch on. I can imagine the variety of postings future patients might produce following your lead.

-- roy --

OR....

OR....

"Sponsored by ValveReplavement.com" at the top and at the bottom.

>>>hensylee,

You're at it again!

God Bless all!

A very good friend of mine was the perfusionist (heart lung machine operator) for my AVR. After they closed me up my friend talked the surgical nurses into writing " I love Mari" (my wife) on my toes and to draw a heart on my chest along with the same message.

When they took me back to ICU my teenage kids were reluctant to come into to see me with all the tubes and wires sticking out until they heard about the message written on my toes. They all got a good chuckle and it really helped to relieve their tension. Of course I was still out and oblivious to the fact that my toes were the joke of the day.

I had no clue about any of this until several hours later after I had finally woken up. At shift change the new ICU nurse came into check my chest dressing. In my post-surgery haze I couldn't figure out why she was laughing hysterically when she looked under my chest bandages...

Mark

:)

I think that these doctors forget they are dealing with live people sometimes. I did not do anything creative before my surgery but I did make my cardiologist pay attention to how he sedates people for a TEE. Apparently I am hard to sedate. I did not get quiet as sleepy as he wanted me to so he started his procedure anyway. That was a bad idea, You don't grow up as the only girl with five brothers and not know how to defend yourself. The doctor also made the mistake of being close enough for me to get my hands on him. I got a good hold on one of his little love handles and as he put it "pinched the stuffing " out of him. that was the last thing I remember before waking up after he was finished.

Lettitia

When I had my first root canal, the dentist hadn't deadened enough and when he grabbed the root, I backhanded him reallly good. Surprised heck out of him. Shocked me, too.

Latest posts

Back