Amy's husband's - surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

amy

My husband had an aortic valve replacement today. Everything went as expected. He has not woken up from the anesthesia yet, but his cardiac nurse said that was normal. Once he wakes up, he will be removed from the breathing tube. As long as everything continues to go smoothly, he will be transfered from cardiac ICU to the cardiac step down unit tomorrow afternoon.

Amy - Thanks for the update. It sounds like everything went smoothly and I hope the good news continues. I hope Alan (I think that's his name) will be comfortable for the next day and get out of ICU in a timely fashion. Good wishes to both of you.

Thanks for letting us know, Amy. The best is coming now. Will send your good news along to Ross, who will be wondering soon as he can think clearly. Regards to Alan. God bless

Hi Amy,

So glad to hear that things are going well with Alan! I have been thinking about you both. Hang tight, the worst part is pretty much over, and tomorrow he should be back to his usual self. Don't let the tubes and grogginess tonight scare you. It sounds like things are well under control! Please keep us posted, and give all our best to Alan!

-JEnnie

Amy,
Glad to hear your husband's surgery went well, and thanks for taking the time to let us know. Best wishes to your family and for Alan's recovery!

--John

Amy,

So glad to hear that all went well. I am scheduled for AVR on the 15th of Aug. The one thing I am worried about is the breathing tube. Any words of wisdom will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Breathing tube

Breathing tube

Never remember it..last thing I remember pre-surgery..son kissing me as I went down the hall..next thing post-op was my daughter grinning at me when I was in a Private room doing great..NEVER remember anything in ICU..Must have been on some good stuff:D Bonnie

Amy,

This is great news. Tell him Welcome to the other side of the mountain! Congratulations and I will be praying for his continued recovery! Both of you Take Care and God Bless!

Glad Alan's fine

Glad Alan's fine

Amy, Make Alan walk,walk,walk, that nasty stuff right out of his system....and Walter..you will be just like Alan..up and about in no time. We will be thinking of you August 15th..and don't worry about that silly breathing tube. You probably won't even know it..Be out before you wake up..Bonnie

Latest posts

Back