Almost didn't make it to 2009

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smiley2000

Happy New Year to all!

I almost didn?t make it?

I am now 9 months post-op after Mitral repair and have had many ups and downs. Lately I felt very lethargic and shortness of breath and during Christmas I developed sharp chest pains. At first I tried to ignore the signs and took all the home-meds that I could find (didn?t want to spoil the family?s Christmas) but eventually I went to ER on the 27th and was then transported via Ambulance to the Heart hospital and spent 4 days in ICU. I was discharged yesterday, just before midnight, so that I could enter 2009 on the right note.

Turns out I had several small embolisms in my Ventricle and received treatments for that and I was treated by the Cardio on call and what a blessing! He is CUTE and THOROUGH! My old Cardiologist (not a people-person) will never see me again. No way, Dr Hunky is exactly what I needed from the start. He could see on the ECG that something was very wrong and immediately made the right diagnoses. Except for my I.Q. and eyes, he tested EVERYTHING. I went for a Gastroscopy and they found terrible erotion and I am now taking Nexiam for that (have been bothered by heartburn and tummy pains on and off, but didn?t think it was significant) he also referred me to a Neurologist (I have pins and needles in my left arm and both hands and legs turns blue at times) who did a Nerve conduction test and MRI (brain, servical and back) only to discover that I have sclerosis in about 7 disks from my neck to my lower back. I now have proof that I have a brain! L O L. Unfortunately there is nothing that we can do about the disk-damage, but now I understand why I struggle with head- and back aches sometimes. He also did a 24 hour holter and I still have PAC?s and PVC?s.

He did an Angiogram yesterday (I have hereditary Cholestorol and Lipogram was done: total Cholestorol: 9) I had significant ECG changes and symptoms during the treatmill-stress ECG and he ordered the Angio. Good news: my arteries are clear and fine, but I now have a leak in the Aortic valve, but the good news is that my Mitral valve is looking fine. Grade 1-2 leak, but I can live with that for many years before I need to get it replaced.

I have to go back in about 3 months time for Pulmonary pressure tests and to see if that Aortic is still leaking. I did say he is thorough!

I have so much to be thankful for and I pray that 2009 is a boring and uneventful year for all of us!

Love,

I'm very glad that you celebrated the New Year with us, but I'm sorry to read that it was ever in doubt.:(
It's great that you've got a new cardio who appears to take nothing for granted. I hope this last incident is the very last one you experience.:)

Happy New Year, Smiley, hoping 2009 brings you good lasting health. Sorry about what you had gone through. I am glad that you found a cute as well as knowledgeable cardiologist.

Good luck with everything.:)

I am sorry you had this set of problems. But your new doctor is just the kind that everyone should have. Joe had a couple of doctors like that and one actually saved his life. I'll be ever grateful to that young man. He was brainy and thorough.

Here's hoping for a much better year ahead for you.

Smiley, i was thinking bout you at christmas,but never saw you

just had a feeling something was up,sorry to hear and i'm so

glad you found mr.Handsome,to get all things looked after.

take care of yourself and have a happy new year.....been

a long haul for you:):)

zipper2 (DEB)

Thank God for Dr. Hunky!!!! So glad someone was there who was on the ball and took charge. Yes - a boring 2009 is in order for you. God bless!

Thank goodness you went to the ER and found those emboli.
Why did they form I wonder...do you take ACT?
Maybe you should find the cause of the emboli of was so you
can prevent repeats of this. I have an stationary clot in my
knee that has been there for several years. These clots formed as
a result of my immobiliy because of extreme pain from osteomyelitis.
I was given heparin for it qnd it shrunk and stuck to vein,and its
still there.
Well I'm glad you found a nice cardio and are in his 'loving' care;)
Have a good day and wishing you the best ...Dina

Wow ! Happy new year Smiley ! You're so up beat I'm amazed ... I've been such a baby the last few weeks since my AVR, worrying about this that and the other and feeling sorry for myself ; reading your post has made me stop and think about what I have got and less about what I haven't got.
So, thanks for your post and for being so brave and I'm crossing everything for a happy and healthy 2009 for you X

You are one person I think of many times. You've had your share as much as I've had mine. I can totally relate to where your coming from. When we have multiple problems rolled into one, we become confusing and Dr. House must intervene on us..

Glad you finally got yourself to the hospital and found a great cardio to get things sorted out! What a difference the right doctor makes!!

And yes, here's hoping 2009 is a great one for us all :)

A : )

So glad you went to ER when you did. Sorry you had to go through all of that though. Good to hear you have a new doctor and one you have a great deal of faith in. Helps alot. Good luck to you in 2009. May your year be much better!

So glad that you found a thorough cardiologist that you have faith in. Too bad , we can't clone him :).
Wishing you a healthy and uneventful 2009. You deserve it!

So glad that you find such a great doctor and that you are here to tell us all about it. Best wishes to you for a happy and healthy New Year. It sounds like you will be under excellent care!

Sorry to hear about the troubles that you have had, but, I am more excited to see you are here!!!! Bonus with having a cute doc that is also knowledgeable!!

Aja

You've had a difficult journey this year, and it's sad that things got so bad that putting names to all the things wrong is progress. But it is progress, and very good news that you finally have a doctor who will work with and for you.

I hope the coming year is a continuing story of success in addressing those problems, and full of non-medical happiness as well--you deserve it!

Happy New Year!

Sorry to hear all that you have gone through, but so glad to hear that you got lucky with that cardio........now if I could just find one of those !!!!!!

Latest posts

Back