Alan is in the CCU

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amy,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Alan as he bounces over this bump on the road to recovery.

It sounds like he is making good progress and I hope that he will be out in a week, as the doctor has indicated. He's in good hands, I'm sure, and has lots of support.

I'll be looking forward to seeing some more reports about his continued progress in the coming days.

Take care of yourself too.

Ron K

Amy - my prayers are with you and Alan during this time - it is so hard to go through it the first time and then if something goes wrong, it is doubly hard. God bless

Amy:

Your intuition served you well and it sounds like Alan is in very good hands. I know it is so discouraging to have to go back to the hospital; I ended up back in the hospital for a few days after returning home to Salt Lake from Cleveland because some neurological symptoms made the doctors fear I was having stroke activity. I was beside myself with frustration at being put back in after a trip to the ER.

It sounds like Alan is being closely watched and the cardiologist staying in touch with the surgeon is really good.

I'm praying this will smooth out quickly for you and Alan so he can return home soon.

Dear Amy-

I hope and pray that they won't have to operate again on Alan. At any rate, don't worry about the Coumadin levels. They can do lots of things to get it where they need it, if it comes to that. He's got a good cardiologist and a good surgeon watching out for him. They'll get him stabilized.

My thoughts and prayers are with you through this ordeal.

HI AMY...SO GLAD THE SURGEON AND CARDIO AREE IN CONTACT. HOPEFULLY THIS HOSPITAL IS CLOSER TO YOUR HOME, SO IT'S EASIER FOR YOU. LET US KNOW HOW HE IS TODAY.

IN OUR PRAYERS.

EVELYN

Amy-
What a drag. Sorry things are not going smoothly. I certainly hope they get this all worked out and Alan is home soon.
-Mara

Hi Amy,

I was sorry to hear about Alan being back in the hospital. I will keep you and Alan in my thoughts and prayers. He is in good hands with the cardiologist and surgeon working together to make decisions. Try to get some rest too, Amy. Keep us posted when you can. Take care and God Bless!

I want to thank everyone for their words of encouragement. Coumadin levels are starting to come back down. His chest tube is still draining, but much less. He has been running a fever of 99 to 100.2. The doctor said that if it goes to 101, they will repeat blood cultures. My husband started a new medication to normalize the heart rhythm. The doctor ordered another echo and chest Xray to be sure that the fluid is not increasing again. This is not one of my most coherant postings, but I am exhausted and plan to veg out now.

Amy - Your last post sounds like things are improving. I know this must be quite an ordeal for you. Hope you can get the much needed rest. Please keep us posted on Alan's recovery. I am out here praying for him.

Latest posts

Back