after a month my operation pls suggest me

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hello sir
actually my surgeon is decided to perform my surgery after 6 months (dvr- double volve replacement) and he said that there r also an option that he done my ballooning of the mitral volve if it is successful so that my operation is postponed for 4 to 5 years becoz of my arotic volve is not totally damaged it work properly for 5 to6 years but if the open heart operation is done now so it is good that the arotic volve also changed.

and yes i have some problems are
1)i cant run but i can walk every day something around 3- 4 km
2)i cant climbed stairs more then 3rd floor but at the 3 floor properly with out problem and after 3 ill take rest for 5 min.
3) i cant sleep just after the heavy food there r some rhythmatic problem the heart beat is changed it happen about 10 -15 times in previous 5 years(after the oilyy food )
4) the main problem is occur in the winter coz of there r some infection in my lungs and Im suffering from cold and cough.and it is really pain full for my coz off the breath .....
at that time i take paniduer 12- beta bloker

Hi Manipreet - that's great news that they don't want to do surgery right now. My mom had a balloon valvuloplasty done on her mitral valve in 1997 and when we were at the doctor's in Cleveland Clinic in June he remarked that she's done "remarkably well" with her balloon job and that she had gotten much longer than expected out of it as far as it helping to keep major surgery away for now. Hopefully you will have the same luck. It's been 14 years for my mom!

Hi again Manipreet.

Just want to tell you to take care of yourself, try to stay away from heavy or oily foods. They are certainly not very healthy for your heart. I know it's hard to change our diet but if our life depends on it, we'll make the effort.

Stay in touch!

Hi Manipreet,
You have a few things in your favour here:

1. Your young age means a much faster recovery in most cases.
2. You're in very good hands. India is known as one of the medical centres of the world when it comes to heart surgery.
3. I'd say mechanical valves are the best option for you and the latest designs are proving to be excellent, i.e. the On-X valves. These are being tested at lower levels of coagulation and last a lifetime. The incidence of complications with these valves has been very low indeed.

You will be fine in no time! Take care.

Sensei

Latest posts

Back