After 11 months - Frustrated and Confused

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't smoke, don't drink booze, don't drink coffee, don't over eat, don't go out....the list goes on....and I will still wake up at 3:00 a.m. with a racing HR. Life just ain't fair sometimes....

Hey Johnny,

Dont know whether to be 'pleased' that there are others out there that are feeling the same as me or fed up that you are a few months ahead of me and still feeling 'crap' !

This site has helped me a lot and i've come to the conclusion that those of us that didnt have symptoms before the op tend to struggle more. its such a big op resulting in a big lifestyle change that we find it hard to adjust because we felt fine before the op. I like you am so frustrated at still not feeling right and dont know how to change that but im sure its not helping my recovery!

Good luck on friday and let me know how you get on. As others have said if you get the chance (i didn't and am in the process of writing a letter of complaint! ) dont leave your appointment until the cardiologist has answered all your concerns.

Take care and try to stay positive (like im a good example!:rolleyes:)

Karlynn, is that common with the vagus nerve? I get that srt of feeling all the time at the moment. I thought I was just eating too much.
For years if I had an upset, or too full stomach, I'd get a bit tachy or throw PVC/PAC. I started having problems with it all the time about June - bad stomach - PVC's. I did some research on the internet and could find very few medical sites that would corroborate my theory that the stomach issue was causing the arrhythmia. Some members here did corroborate it and it makes sense to me. Not to mention that I was put on Prilosec and everything is much improved now.

I've always had arrhythmia, but since my surgery it as only occasionally - until this summer. Then it was starting to get as uncomfortable as it was presurgery.

Check out the thread http://valvereplacement.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26606

Well, here's the update.

THE VALVE IS FINE!

So the big worry was over. As for my scary episode after my nights of drinking, the doc said that alcohol at first is a relaxant and then converts, in my case in the middle of the night, to a stimulant. That's what caused my tachycardia after boozing. He said something may have happened to my stomach from the surgery so he told me to contact my GP to go see a GI doctor. He told me they'll put a scope down my throat to see what's going on down there. It's on an outpatient basis and very routine. I'll call Monday to make an appointment.

He also told me I could stand to lose a few pounds, so I gotta get going on that as well. But for now it seems I'm in the clear, pending the GI report. Cardio said that maybe I'll need to take some meds to fend off other tachy episodes if it's stomach related.

I want to thank everyone who took the time to respond. Your support is of immense help. It's nice to hear words of comfort.

For sure. You're not the only one, and I don't mean that in a condescending way. I'm almost 2 1/2 years out and still have "weird" symptoms. My cardio says it's cause my heart is "bizarre." :cool:

Latest posts

Back