Addison`s Disease & Ohs

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtf2

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Hi.New member here.So impressed with all helpful posters here and information being provided!!
Curious and a long shot i think,but anyone here live with addison`s,and have had ohs?

Having this disease means as well a compromised immune system.I have confidence that my endocrinologist will work closely with surgical team,
to make sure i am given enough solu cortef before during and after procedure.

I think i am guilty atm of trying to read too much too soon too fast.
In reading so far about mechanical valves and warfarin,one of the issues is when a person is on antibiotics,how is that dose adjusted?
With addison`s i start getting sick,okay no problem just start doubling my hydrocortisone to give my body a fighting chance
Who tells you about adjusting warfarin dose when on antibiotics etc

I think right now addison`s is a handful for me even after 30 plus years-then tack on warfarin dosing,dealing with cuts,chance of internal bleeding,lifestyle changes etc

Anyway just rambled a bit i know but i needed to put this out there!!

In reading so far about mechanical valves and warfarin,one of the issues is when a person is on antibiotics,how is that dose adjusted?
I thought I replied to this, but clearly haven't.

🤷‍♂️

There is no structured formal method, but I do have one. Reach out if you want to discuss it. I was on antibiotics for about 10 years after this.

I would say that no matter what you read, how you feel about it takes time to digest. Unless there is a pressing urgency, try to not "make a decision" about how you feel about it. Its just a matter of gathering data and then in some ways discussing points. I find that from the discussion (like a debate) a greater understanding of your points gradually ensues.

Best Wishes

thanks pellicle,appreciate that.There is no pressing urgency for sure,following the process now,tuesday pulmonary function test,then after that a ct scan,but not sure when.
In some days perhaps i will take you up on your offer!!

Latest posts

Back