A year already

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vkernus

Tomorrow is my first "valvaversary". I cannot believe that a yaer ago I was getting ready for a surgery that had me scared to death. Today I am doing much better and find that I have more stamina than I did a year ago.

I am working full time, hiking in the mountains, shooting competitive archery at a level that I did not think I would reach for some time. (I shot my first 500 this year), and fly fishing. While I still have some weight to loose (I gained some 40 lbs sitting on my a$$ for 6 months) I feel like I have improved 110%. I still have my concerns, although I probably shouldn't worry as much as I do, and I still obsess over the occasional irregular heart beat, but all in all I feel like I am doing much better and my INR has been out of range (by 0.1) only once this whole time. I feel like all of the cardioversions, ablations, and other nuisances are behind me at this point.

Thank you all so much for your support, guidance, advice and prayers.

Victor

Congratulations, sounds like you have had a tough go of it but have made great progress.

Such wonderful progress in this area of medicine has made for many of us a life beyond some heart problems. All has come in a very short time, too.

Best of luck and as many say "bless your heart"

Bill

Wishing you an early happy 1st valversary Victor! May you continue to have many more enjoying & doing all the things that you love.

Keep on flinging them arrows! :)

Congratulations on your first!!! May you have many, many more to come. I hope you get to celebrate in some way, the 1st year was a great milestone for me. God Bless!

Congratulation on your first anniversary!! Sounds like your enjoying life! It sure is amazing what one year can do!

Congrats..... im hoping to have these great results to share in a year.... keep it up!

Victor, congratulations on#1 and waiting to celebrate 2.3.4.5.........

SRINIVAS

srinivas Heart History:
13/6/2008 2D Echo Diagnosed Ascending Aortic Dissection ,Bicuspid aortic valve, Moderate AR at the age of 38(2008)
9/6/08 CT scan shows Aneurysmal dilation of aortic root and ascending aorta with dissection extending upto brachio cephalic trunk and mild aneurysm
16/07/08 Operative findings & repair. Aortic aneurysm approx size 10 cms diameter.Aneurysm extd upto 1c m from innomiate artery. Mod. Bental DC Bono surgery procedure done to repair my anueuysm with#25 mm St.Jude medical valved conduit(SN 84094003.REF25CAVGJ-51400 AOROTIC VALVED GRAFT) At CARE Hospital Bangara Hills,Hyderabad,India. Surgeon: Dr K.s. Neelakandan gave me re birth! Dr . Sridar,Dr.Amreesh, Dr.Jagannatham completed the formalities.

I know how you were feeling i'm coming up to my first valvaversary in October,i had myself dead and buried, didnt think i would come through it, but hey we did, and congratulations, you celebrate well, you really are doing great.
Take Care
Jane

Thank you all so much for your support, guidance, advice and prayers. You have made what would otherwise have been a hard journey, bearable. Thanks to all of you, the light at the end of the tunnel was both bright and reachable.

Victor

Out of range by 0.1? That my friend, is not out of range. That is merely a 100th of a second off.

Latest posts

Back