A serious inquiry for male OHS patients

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AceofHearts

Ok this is an awkward question and may be TMI for a public setting, but my primary care doc's response to my problem made me curious. So as you fellas know, when in the hospital, you wear a gown and not much else. So I found my boys downstairs in pain after repeatedly trying to scoot across the bed to get up for walks and such, and without support, you may get some dragging as you scoot. The pain was there for a couple days, and seemed to go away, only to return a week or two later, even when you sit down or touch the area its sensitive. The doc thinks it may be because of blood flow to the area from the heart as a result of the surgery, whether too much or too little or whatever. If thats the case, you'd think it would be common among OHS patients. I know this is may be a strange question, but has anyone else experienced this "phenomenon"?

This may not answer your question, but I think it's helpful for practically anyone staying in the hospital. They give you a gown, but they do have pajama bottoms available. Ask for them, which may or may not help with your problem. Warm blankets are great as well.

Ace - I had some nasty skin irritation "in that area" after my surgery. I thought it might have been the result of a week of just bed-baths, along with the soaps that were used and possibly not fully rinsed off. Mine took liberal applications of lotrimin and about 3-4 weeks time to finally subside.

This may be too much information but the line that was inserted in my groin when I had my angiogram caused all kinds of swelling. The worst was when my guys turned black and swelled up to the size of a baseball. Kinda wishing the wife had taken a pic of it because it truly was a sight to behold.

Sorry

It may not be related to OHS at all. I've read somewhere that there is a virus (the same one that causes mumps?) that can cause temporary pain and extreme sensitivity there. It goes away on its own. Also, has the primary care doctor examined things to make sure you don't have something twisted or out of place internally (torsion)?

More noticeable for me, my butt ached ... And still does 5 months later. It seems to be the result of nerve damage from the position they put me in when on the operating table. My arms are worse yet, and I understand that it may go on like this for the next year. Maybe you have a solar issue ...

It was THE most painful part of 2007 but my issue was infection causing swelling so bad the "boys" looked like large apples .....red, raw, swollen bruised and punched ........gees I had ALMOST forgotten that......thanks for the memories :eek2: ......<leaves with firm but loving grip on groin>

You need to see a urologist. They specialize in male equipment.

I had pain in my left testicle after colon surgery. It never went away, surgeon didn't know why nor the Primary Care guy. He sent me to an urologist who immediately diagnosed it as nerve damage due to the insertion of the cather. He told me that it was not common, but not rare either. He said the pain will slowly lessen but probably always be there to some small degree. He was right. It's been 18 years and it doesn't really bother me, nor hinder anything, but it's always slightly tender.

Boys were fine, but it was six weeks before I got out of bed. I do have scar tissue on my left butt check from a bed sore I got being on my back for so long though.

I don't remember this being an issue with my first surgery either.

Well it sounds like some of you guys had more dramatic experiences than I did. Glad that its mostly resolved now. Tom in MD may be on to something as that sounds similar to my situation. It was the left one that was most sensitive, it almost seems to be something that comes and goes. Either way, it seems to be fairly common for men to experience problems are pain below, but seems that most of our problems go away with time.

Thanks for the input thus far, guys.

i remember i was in some serious pain down there, but with some looking , through the cloud i was in, the tubes from my telemetry i was hooked up to had decided to make my inner leg home and was wrapped around the leg which was chaffing big time, major ouch, also the tubes were bugging the hole where they had accessed one of the arteries in my leg.

Latest posts

Back