A salute to veterans

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blanche

Happy to be here
Supporting Member
Dear people:
THis is from my Southwest Valley Living paper in Arizona.

Retired master chief petty officer, Art Sloan, [email protected], or seblogs.at central.com.) wrote a vern important piece for those who might need this special service.

"THIS AND THAT"
"Any woman now undergoing chemotherapy (NOT JUST VETERANS) may have free housecleaning once a month for four months while in treatment. Sign up with a doctor's fax to cleaning partnersforareason.org. There are 547 partners nationwide providing this worthwhile service."

If you don't have this service in your area, perhaps you might help to found one?

THe address for signing up for this service is is cleaningforareason.org. THere are 547 partners nationwide providing this worthwhile service.

Seems to me that this might be a good project for dealing with a problem for this most important problem.

Albert and I both have cancer and are blessed with many resources here in Arizona. We go to the Mayo Clinic here. But I do know that other parts of the country might be served by the help of outhers. I do know that GFWC, General Federation of Women's Groups do provide some assistance for women who have cancer.

I do hope that there are organizations that help men, women and men, and children with these problems.

Kindest regards

Blanche
Kind regards

Blanche

Last edited:
Greg:
Thank you so much for your post with info on partners in Canada. This is such an important service for those who can't do much with housework while suffering with cancer and chemo. I wish that they would offer this service to men who are receiving chemo too...perhaps that will come in future

This is very personal for me because my best friend in the world for the last 50 plus years, Albert's sister, had lung cancer and left this world in August 2010. She lived in the state of New York as did one of her brothers. On her second round of chemo, she would not let anyone in the house...not ever her older brother because, as she said, the house was a mess.

Kind regards,
Blanche

Thank you Blanche! I was just talking to a friend about how hard it was for them to keep up during chemo. I'll pass this on to others. XO your valve brother, Brian

Back