99 holes of golf!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

palmaceae

I can not believe I did it, but after 10 weeks post op, I just played 99 holes of golf in 2 days in Wisconsin! I went with a church group and we played as much golf as we could. Everyone could not believe I did what I did 10 weeks after heart surgery, this is a great testimony of the healing God provides!
BTW I did pretty good too, I did not go full out and hit like I used too but I held my own. I and my partner actually won first place out of 18 players when we played "one ball"!
I feel very tired and sore (and sunburned), but feeling pretty good considering.

picture.php
Wow I have not been able to play for the last five years, and wish I could. I am considering another surgery, and I hope that golf & bike riding would be in my future again.

That is such wonderful news. Be sure to take your time to recover from your outing. Best of luck to you & your family in the future, and enjoy your new found freedom.
picture.php

I don't know if you are interested but there is a Golf event for Congenital Heart Defects in Ill each summer, it was started by a family who son Jason, died at the age of 17 after numerous heart surgeries. they raise money to put AEDs in schools, help the CHD quilt project (every child/person with CHD can have a block and the quilts travel) and give a heart child a wish, I've never been but hear it is alot of fun, Cort from here usually goes (there is a cute picture of him with other "heart kids" on the home page http://memorialclassic.homestead.com/index.html

picture.php
Wow I have not been able to play for the last five years, and wish I could. I am considering another surgery, and I hope that golf & bike riding would be in my future again.

That is such wonderful news. Be sure to take your time to recover from your outing. Best of luck to you & your family in the future, and enjoy your new found freedom.
picture.php

Thank you Tbone, I pray you will be able to golf and ride again!
I really rested today because of being so tired, just have to get my strength back to play some more (maybe just 9 this time :D)!
God bless,

I don't know if you are interested but there is a Golf event for Congenital Heart Defects in Ill each summer, it was started by a family who son Jason, died at the age of 17 after numerous heart surgeries. they raise money to put AEDs in schools, help the CHD quilt project (every child/person with CHD can have a block and the quilts travel) and give a heart child a wish, I've never been but hear it is alot of fun, Cort from here usually goes (there is a cute picture of him with other "heart kids" on the home page http://memorialclassic.homestead.com/index.html

I did not know about this, that is great! I will look it up. We are moving to Iowa this June so I will not be able to make it, but thank you for letting me know!
God bless,

99 holes in 2 days? damn the most I have ever managed was 72 & that was before surgery. Since surgery I get tired & lose concentration after 27 in 1 day.

I still can not believe I was able to do it (had to recount my score cards :)), and I never played that many before my surgery! I did not want to quit because each hole I was playing better and better. Sure I was tired but I was in the "zone" :D. Thank God for golf carts because I could have never walked it.

That's pretty close to a golf marathon. If it's a typical 7,000 yd course, you walked about 22 miles. That is, if you hit it straight. If you're a duffer you probably zig-zagged a couple more.

That's pretty close to a golf marathon. If it's a typical 7,000 yd course, you walked about 22 miles. That is, if you hit it straight. If you're a duffer you probably zig-zagged a couple more.

There was no way I could walk it, we used a golf cart. I think I would have made only 9 holes if I had to walk :D

Oh right, it's been so long since I played golf I forgot they invented carts. I never used one, always walked. I've heard some courses require them now. Back in 1968 or so some friends and I tried playing speed golf. We didn't invent the idea but this was long before it became popular. Take just 3 clubs so the bag doesn't weigh you down, hit and run, try to see how fast you can do each hole. We got a few holes down and the course officials drove up and told us to stop running and put our shirts back on. That was a also big no-no. "This is a gentleman's game." they told us.

Latest posts

Back