9 Months out and now high BP and Sinusitis

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Miller

Hey everyone,
It's been awhile but things are going on so this is where we come for support and wisdom. I'm 9 months out and things were just starting to really get back to normal for me, and now its sinusitis with some crazy complications that don't seem to fit the problem. For some reason my BP is spiking at times and my PCP just sent me to the ER because I felt so crummy with chest pressure, tingling left hand and BP was 160/100 (my normal now is 130/78). She was worried about the headache and gave me some BP meds to drop my pressure on the way to the ER. The ER doc ordered an EKG, Chest x-ray, and CT of my head. CT confirmed inflammation and swelling in every sinus cavity and sclerosis of the head veins. The EKG and chest x-ray was normal. ER doc said the On-x was working fine and didn’t know why the BP was spiking and the chest pressure and tingling were happening. The headaches had been going on for 10 weeks or so but the dizzy, chest pressure, tingling just the last 2 weeks. My temples were sore to the touch so I figured maybe an infection, but no temp (97.5) Infection is the only thing I can figure that would cause BP to go crazy right? I use to have bouts of high BP before surgery and never felt dizzy and sick like this. The crazy thing is I feel bad for 20-30 min, than ok for 30-60min even when I'm working out. Got up to level 10 for 25 min on the elliptical this morning so when I started to feel really bad at my appointment today, I thought this is getting a little worse every day now. I think taking the 78mg of coumadin a week and the sinus problems are major contributors to the headaches, but the BP, chest, and hand are products of what? Well the ER doc sent me home with zertec and Flonase and said to watch the BP and come back if gets high again. I have appointments with my PCP and Cardio Wednesday next week so this weekend will be sit and watch everything. Boy I thought I was out of the woods and heading back to normal 2 months ago. If anyone has had this happen and knows why, please respond! You guys are the greatest!

Seems like ramipril may be the culprit, it is an angiotensin antagonist
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramipril

Adverse effectslow blood sugar (in patients taking medication for diabetes), causing sweating or shakiness dry cough dizziness and light-headedness due to low blood pressure tiredness and fatigue, especially in the early stages mouth dryness in the early stages nausea, vomiting, diarrhea (persistent in rare cases) fainting change in amount of urine signs of infection (e.g., fever, chills, persistent sore throat) yellowing of eyes or skin, dark urine stomach or abdominal pain neutropenia (low white blood cells) impotence (erectile dysfunction) [2]

Serious allergic reactions to this drug are unlikely, but immediate medical attention must be sought if they occur. Symptoms of a serious allergic reaction include, but are not limited to a rash or swelling of the face, mouth, tongue, or throat.

Latest posts

Back