9 Month check up

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry45

Just had my 9 month check up with CT scans. Everything was good and surgeon had no worries. He spent alot of time with me going over the original CT scans and comparing the two. Next checkup is in a year! I told him I had been bass fishing and on the lake by myself and had been running again. He pretty much told me I can do whatever I want with no restrictions. He is an older guy and believes once you have had a disection you should take it easier because another disection is possible and he thinks I shouldnt run . Of course he laughed when he said it because he knows I'm going to run anyway, then waved his hand and told me not to worry I'd be fine! The next morning was a beautiful spring day in Savannah so I went out to the park where my "event" occured back in August and I finished my run! Been a long time coming and that run is now in the books!

Oh - great healing story about your run!!!! Fantastic way to move forward!!!

Great news all around!

Here's to many many more great years ahead of you!

Rachel

Great to hear that everything went well with your check-up and your run. Always good to return to our normal activities. I'm somewhat surprised your surgeon was uneasy with running. I was told no restrictions. Period.

All of your posts are inspirational. Thanks so much for sharing them all.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In the waiting room. AVR May 23, 2013, Dr. Barnhart, Swedish Medical Hill Cherry Hill, Seattle, WA. On-x valve.

Latest posts

Back