8th Anniversary 8-8-08

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turkey Hunter

Well 8 years ago today I had just had my Ross Procedure and was on the road to recovery at Cleveland Clinic.

8 Years later I am doing very well.. Other than an aneurysm that we are watching and has been stable since it was found 4 years ago...all is well with my heart health.

It has been an interesting year this past one; alot has transpired in my personal life...I won't go into it hear...this is a thread of encouragement for those that are facing their valve replacement or have just topped the mountain and working their way through the early stages of recovery.

The road can be tough; especially the waiting for the surgery (that was the hardest part for me).....just keep your selves focused on the positive and all will turn out OK.

Recovery can be long for some and easy for others, mine was a mid-way recovery. Started off a bit tough and turned out to be fairly incident free. Again, concentrate on the positive things in life and move forward.

Remember "Everyday above the grass is better than a day beneath"

If you are "verticle and ventilating, than it is a beautiful day"

Looking at my thread title; I am wondering if I should play the lottery today....hell I've never had any real luck...I should get my son to play it for me.......he's the one with luck!

God Bless each of you and celebrate everyday. Life is too short to worry about the things you can not control....

I'll tip a beer to each of you later today when I have my official celbration....

Ben

8 years on 8-8-08- that's definitely a winner- in all respects! Happy valveversary and many, many more Ben!

I would try the lottery, Ben. From where I sit, it looks like it is YOUR day!:)
Congratulations!

Congratulations. Wishing you many, many more valversaries.

8-08 is a VERY lucky number. :)

Ben,
Congratulations on 8 years!
Have that beer and hopefully you will be rich tommorow!!
Any day on this side of the grass is certainly a good one.
Hard to believe it's already been eight years for you, seems like yesterday.
Rich

"Congratulations Ben!"

"Congratulations Ben!"

Congratulations Ben with your 8 years. :):)Isn't wonderful to just being alive on this fabulous planet earth?:D:D Before surgery you don't think about that. All you can think about is getting through this. Yes, the waiting was terrible for me, however it was only 3 weeks.
My 8th valve anniversary was yesterday and I am also doing very well after 8 years. Just had my checkup with my new cardio. All is well and I am good to go until next April. I am off to Europe next month. Yoohoo!!! Who could've thunk it?:):)
Wishing you many more healthy years with your family.:D:D

Hug,

can hardly believe it's been 8 years. Me, too as of March, 2008. You came on board about the same time as me. What a long time ago. You sound really great. And yes, after heart being cracked open we have a brand new appreciation for life. Hope you continue doing well.

Congratulations on your anniversary date. I agree with the others that it may be a good day to buy a lottery ticket!
From someone in limbo not knowing when I will be getting OHS, your anniversary celebration post was an encouraging one to read. Keep up the good health!
Blessings

Congratulations on your anniversary date. I agree with the others that it may be a good day to buy a lottery ticket!
From someone in limbo not knowing when I will be getting OHS, your anniversary celebration post was an encouraging one to read. Keep up the good health!
Blessings

That's what it is all about...being here to help others and keep u pon the new advancements. Glad I was able to help.

Thanks to each of you on the well wishes and YES it is hard to believe it has been 8 years ago.....Take care all

Latest posts

Back