6 weeks post op heart rate?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmyR

Hey, I am 6 weeks post op. Had my follow up with my doctor and he was happy with my reports and asked me to stop the warf ( i had an aortic valve repair). But now i have been having my heart rate in the late 80's early 90's. Is it normal to have a elevated HR at 6 weeks. What was your heart rate 6 weeks post op and when did it normalize down?

Hi AmyR, I also had an aortic valve repair along with aortic root replacement and my heart rate was high like your s for at least 3 months after surgery and then it slowly started to go down. Now my resting HR is in the 50s/60s and yours will come down, too. As your heart heals the rate should drop. Reading your posts it sounds like you are pretty active and I have no doubt that you will be back to your pre op HR.

I am not on warfarin but I don't think that has an effect on heart rate. Just give it time.

Amy- I'm a week ahead of you-7 weeks post-op and my resting pulse has been in the same range as yours. My cardiologist is not concerned, and said it would lower as I work back into exercise...I've been 3 months as a couch potato, between waiting for and recovering from surgery...

Thanks guys, i was just a little worried. The funny part is my heart rate acts funny. When i went for the follow up it should in the mid 70's and now i am back home it varies from the early 80's to sometimes the late 90's. :/

I am 9 weeks post op and my resting heart rate is in the low 80's now. I catch it sometimes getting in the 78 to 79 range. So I think, just like your Dr. said and all those here. It will go down a little at a time. Mine was in the 90's there for a while also.

So glad to find this thread! I'm 4 weeks out of mitral valve repair and all is well except for my heart rate in the 90"s. My cardiologist was surprised but not concerned. I'm really glad to read here that it's a normal thing.

Thanks!!
Andrea

Andrea,

I am 14 weeks post op and now my heartrate is still in the high 70's and low 80's but resting is almost down to the high 60's. Dont worry it is normal to have higher HR. All the best. :)

You are in the midst of discovering your new evolving normal. Almost two years later and my resting is about 5 beats faster than pre-surgery. My max is lower than before, but that could be me just being chicken after so many months of being careful. I remember worrying about my resting HR each morning being "too high" and everyone saying, "Don't worry."

Back