57-year-old bypass survivor died after completing journey

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Certainly a bittersweet story. My heart goes out to his family.

"Bittersweet" is a well-chosen term, geebee. Great that he realized his goal, tragic that he didn't live long enough to do some serious bragging.

Alas, the Romanian Women's Gymnastic Team has proven to be exceptionally uncooperative in helping me to reach my post-op goal.

I read this in the paper this morning, and it really upset me. This guy was (by all rights) in the greatest shape and has a fatal heart attack. It just goes to show you how fragile life is. My prayers go out to the family.

Sherry said:
....This guy was (by all rights) in the greatest shape and has a fatal heart attack...

When I was in college I shared a house with a fellow who was a health nut - ate a macrobiotic diet supplemented with fish, went jogging at least once every day, lived a clean and sober lifestyle.

In the meantime, I'm in the living room munching on cheeseburgers and fries with a few cigarettes for desert, and abiding by the true connoisseur's rule that while a white wine goes with fish, and a red wine goes with beef, bourbon goes with everything. My exercise regimen was comprised of never running when I could walk, never walking when I could stand still, never standing when I could sit, and never sitting when I could lie down.

He died of a heart attack while jogging on the beach.

<< ?It was a trip of a lifetime,? Brinkman said. ?We all have a list of things we like to say we did. That was right up there at the top." >>

It occurs to me that the guy, who had already had one heart attack, might have lived longer if he hadn't set up such a strenuous challenge for himself.

But this was what he wanted and loved to do. So I don't mourn for him. I understand his family would be feeling sad. But families also have to understand that sometimes it is more important to do the things you love to do -- to live a full life -- than to play it safe & just try to live a bit longer..

Latest posts

Back