5 years (+2months)

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DebbyA

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
On my real 5 year date, I feared I'd be posting something quite different, as my valve appears to be wearing out faster than I'd hoped. My mean gradient with this valve started off high normal--23, 21, 22 the first three years, then 36, 43, 44 for the last 3 6-month checkups. It's also progressed from mild to moderate regurgitation. However, since I still have no symptoms, and it leveled off this time, my cardiologist may have finally convinced me to stop worrying and get on with my life. She says I'll need another one in several years. I'm hoping for at least 5 more...

We've been quite active since moving to Tucson. Even with the extreme summers, being outdoors is more often more pleasant than in VA. We've hiked more since we moved than in 30 years in VA, and been much more consistent with regular exercise.

I remain grateful for this forum, and really admire those who have been such a constant presence here. I look in often, but as memory has faded, and with an awareness of how fast things change in the medical field, don't often feel I have much to contribute.

On my real 5 year date, I feared I'd be posting something quite different, as my valve appears to be wearing out faster than I'd hoped. My mean gradient with this valve started off high normal--23, 21, 22 the first three years, then 36, 43, 44 for the last 3 6-month checkups. It's also progressed from mild to moderate regurgitation. However, since I still have no symptoms, and it leveled off this time, my cardiologist may have finally convinced me to stop worrying and get on with my life. She says I'll need another one in several years. I'm hoping for at least 5 more...

We've been quite active since moving to Tucson. Even with the extreme summers, being outdoors is more often more pleasant than in VA. We've hiked more since we moved than in 30 years in VA, and been much more consistent with regular exercise.

I remain grateful for this forum, and really admire those who have been such a constant presence here. I look in often, but as memory has faded, and with an awareness of how fast things change in the medical field, don't often feel I have much to contribute.

Congratulations Debby! I wish you many, many more years of continued good health. I think your cardiologist gave you some sound advice indeed! Peace of mind in itself is healing.

Stay well!

Hi, Debby!

Congratulations on number 5. Although you may have some reservations, I'd just take the doc's advice and keep on keepin' on. Enjoy life until you have to make a decision, then get into it. Until then, there's nothing you can do, so force it to the back of your mind and stay in your life as long as you can.

Back