5 wks out, lots of steps in right direction

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dj/utvolsfan

Don't know if it is necessary to start a new thread with this update , but I am sure I will be told if I have messed up!:eek:
I've been reprimanded more this week than the time I was caught skipping in junior high :eek: , but if you give me enough time I will come up with a new plan. Alot of you have told me to be more agressive with my own health care and many of you have suggested I should seek another cardiologist. Well, I've been listening to you.
When we moved back to WV from Houston, we moved to a town that was pretty much right in the middle of Charleston and Huntington. We gravitated toward Charleston for our medical care. This past fall, I moved closer to Huntington. I've opted to participate in the cardiac rehab program at St. Mary's in Huntington where a brand new Heart Institute has just opened. St. Mary's has been around forever and has a great reputation. I believe I will be exposed to a lot of spontaneous and open conversations regarding cardiologists in the Huntington area during my rehab. I'll be able to do a little detective work while I am working out and I think it will lead to a rather natural transfer of my care to Huntington. So that's my plan and I'm sticking to it!
As far as my progress goes, I am getting there. Still a little tired, lungs still feel a little funky at times, but I can go all day without feeling short of breathe....except when I bend over....what is that all about? Overall, life is good and getting back to normal. Hope all of you mom's out there have a great Mother's Day!
Thanks again for your concern this week!
Debbi

Debbi,
Sounds like things are moving well for you. I hope the rehab gets you into perfect cardiac shape.
I think bending over causes the heart and lungs to work harder. Since your heart is still recovering, bending over probably asks for more effort than is easily provided which results in the breathlessness. Anyway - that's my best guess.
Please take care and happy rehab (and Mother's day to you).;) :D ;)

Back