5 weeks tomorrow

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil

It's 5 weeks tomorrow and all is going pretty well. I started cardiac rehab today and it was great. It was nice exercising my body and building up a sweat. My INR level seems to be staying within range and the tests are getting further apart. Walking is good - most days I'm averaging around 5-7 Kim's and overall my energy levels are improving, although, I needed a long nap after rehab. So all in all things are progressing well as I hope they are for everyone else.

All the best.

Phil.

Good going Phil. I am 5 1/2 weeks out now. I have noticed for the first time (2) days ago that I actually have got more energy now than before my surgery. I am walking (2) miles with a few small hills now faster and without stopping (except to check my heart rate)! Way better than before my surgery. The only thing holding me back at this point is my sternum. I know in a few short weeks I will be doing more than I have done in the last (10) years while in the waiting room. Life is good. You keep up the good work.
Kim
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

53 years old. In the waiting room (10) years. AVR May 23, 2013, Dr. Glenn Barnhart, Swedish Medical Hospital, Cherry Hill, Seattle, WA. On-x 21mm valve.

Back