5-time heart surgery survivor, with an amazing story to share with you all...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Navin.... I enjoyed your story very much as well. You look wonderful and your girls are beautiful. You are indeed blessed and your story is an inspiration for me as well. I will be having my first AVR in the spring. I see my surgeon this month to find out the date. I have also have a TAA but not sure if it needs repaired. I am still debating on type of valve I want....I have been leaning towards the tissue valve. I am 58 yrs. old so I could go either way. I am confident I will know when the times comes. Thanks so much for sharing your story and welcome to this forum. It has been a Godsend for me. Welcome!!

Jeri

Welcome, Navin -- It is nice to meet you. Also it is fun to have another "gear-head" around here. Many years ago I used to manage the World of Wheels custom auto show in Chicago. The funny thing here is that the guy who was my co-chair had some mitral valve work done a few years ago, and I'm scheduled for aortic valve replacement on March 1. Do the cars do this to us?

Yes, yes they do. ;)

Wish I would've known you when you managed the WOW, Steve.

WELCOME, Navin.

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic | * CruiseNites_2011_Chi.IL *
MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"My heart is like an open highway" __ Bon Jovi __ 'It's My Life'

Dr. Cooley repaired my coarctation also, in 1979, 24 years before my bicuspid valve needed replacing. Welcome to the site :)

Thank you for sharing your story with us. It is truly amazing and you are a welcome additon to our family. I will look forward to you contributions. I am sure your experiences wil be of great benefit on here.
Your daughters are exceptionally beautiful!

My own cardio would be facinated with you fantastic story. Like you said, most people with so much happening, does not make it this far. You are a miracle in itself. You are a good cardio patient to keep up with all of it and not a shread of fear. You have come a long way. Keep it up and your girls are all worth it. Welcome to a wonderful place. You are in good company.

Hey, Cort - Maybe by next year I'll feel energetic enough to go to WOW. I could try to score some VIP passesfor us, if anyone remembers me. . .

*grins*

That would be awesome, Steve!!! Great way to spend a weekend day, that's for sure.

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic | * meet_04.16.11_Dwight.IL *
MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Can you make folks feel what you feel inside?" __ David Allen Coe __ 'The Ride'

hello navin i m from india lucknow pls suggest me the best surge in india i m a heart patient both volve arotic n mitral r damag dr. suggest me for operation pls tell me sir dr suggest me dvr in augest 2011

You are much proof that no matter how rough we had it, someone else had it rougher; allot rougher! I just had my second OHS due Endocarditis tearing up my first Aortic Bovine tissue replacement. It was tougher but you just put it in perspective! Good Luck! and take care.

Wow, your story is very inspiring. I'm really glad I saw this post. Have to agree 100% with chuckdc37.

Funny, my wedding anniversary is June 30th too, and my upcoming surgery is scheduled on June 29th. My wife and I chose that date, not realizing that the following day is our anniversary date.

Latest posts

Back