5 months post op and am having small sharp stings around the heart

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunonwaves

I had a Bentals procedure in Feb and on and off over the past few months (more so in the past few days) I have noticed very quick sharp stabs around the heart area. Its not really painful as such, it just worries me a little.
Anyhow I would like to know if anyone else has felt this sensation?
Im not sure if its just a normal part of the healing process for the heart, or if its something else.
If anyone else has felt anything similar Id love to know.
I must admit i was feeling a similar feeling before the op, and they checked it all out at the hospital and couldn't find any evidence of something going wrong.
Thanks in advance :)

Most likely, they are pulls of the intercostal muscles, which are mostly between the ribs, or even from nerves that have reconnected over time. Often feels very sharp and like it's coming form inside.

Worse is if you get a muscle spasm. I had one a month or so after my first valve surgery that literally put me down on the floor. I couldn't move or draw a full breath. It felt like a heart attack - like my chest was caught in a vise of pain. Eventually, it just went away, and never came back.

However, it's less likely but possible that the pain is from adhesions ripping, or something else I'm not clever enough to think of, so it does make sense to see someone and have it checked out.

Best wishes,

Latest posts

Back