5 days to go

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3GUN

AVR and single bypass surgery coming on 9/18. actually, been looking forward to it-just want to get my life back. but now as the time creeps ever so close, i do find myself lost in negative thoughts. i realize these surgeries are not without risk, but i wish i'd quit worrying about it. beginning to pack my backpack for the surgery and have everything covered thanks to this forum. with a little luck, i'll provide a full report in the post-op forum. gotta thank all those who have posted there, and everywhere else. there is a ton of info here for those of us that are about to go under the knife. it sure helps to hear from those that have been there. hopefully, i'll be one of those soon.

thank you all once again. see you on the other side...

Everyone approaches their surgery differently; so what works for one person may not work for another. I was asymptomatic but aggressively pushed forward with surgery because I didn't want it hanging over me. I looked forward to the big day. Slept like the a baby the night before surgery. And, looking back, I found the entire experience fascinating. One reason I think I was so relaxed is I felt like I'd done my homework. For me knowledge was indeed power. When I had a negative thought I researched the thing that scared me.

I hope you find what works for you to keep you relaxed and in good spirits. We will watch for your post-op report!

Good luck, please let us know how it went when you feel up to it. Try to think about taking your time recovering, getting better, and how much better you are going to feel afterwards.

I'm being admitted tomorrow with surgery scheduled Tuesday for a Pulmonary Valve Replacement and feel exactly the same. Here's hoping for a smooth ride for the both of us.

Latest posts

Back