4 th month aniversarry and one question....

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leoneida

Hi guys
Today is my 4th anniversary , since 1 week ago I feel tachycardia:frown2::frown2::frown2::frown2:, I went to my heart dr and they install a heart monitor for 24th. Today a had a call, they told I need to see a Electrophysiology... I have a app Thursday.
Anyone knows what a Electrophysiology does? And if one of you have the same.

Hi Leoneida,
I have sinus tachycardia, right bundle branch block, and i get many PVC/PAC's, i am now on a beta blocker daily, (100mg of carvedilol)
An electophysiologist looks at the electrical parts in the heart (my cardiologist refers to them as the electricians LOL!) they will look at your ECG's and your 24 hour tape and see whats going on, then they will decide a course of action, whether this be medication such as beta blockers, they may just watch and wait, and worse case scenario surgery may be recommended (pacemaker) if you have long bouts of a-fib ect,
Keep us updated on how everything goes,
Thinking of you :) good luck for Thursday,
Sarah xxxx

Hi Leoneida,
I have sinus tachycardia, right bundle branch block, and i get many PVC/PAC's, i am now on a beta blocker daily, (100mg of carvedilol)
An electophysiologist looks at the electrical parts in the heart (my cardiologist refers to them as the electricians LOL!) they will look at your ECG's and your 24 hour tape and see whats going on, then they will decide a course of action, whether this be medication such as beta blockers, they may just watch and wait, and worse case scenario surgery may be recommended (pacemaker) if you have long bouts of a-fib ect,
Keep us updated on how everything goes,
Thinking of you :) good luck for Thursday,
Sarah xxxx

Thank you Sarah... I was on carvedilol since my surgery but Dr said I didn't need it anymore. 3 weeks ago I do not take them. I am very worry... :( Beside the tachycardia I feel GREAT! I start working out, I do 90 min workouts....and I feel great! The tachycardia comes just when I lay down or when I am on stress usually at work.

I will keep updated. :D

Sounds like perhaps you DO need medication for the arrhythmia. Lots of people take meds for about 3 months after surgery, then get weaned off some of them. But some of us are on them for life. It's a case by case basis.
An electrophysiocardiologist, or EP is the heart "electrician" like the cardiologist is the "plumber." The EP will see how the electrical system is working. That will show the arrythmias, etc.
I'm on both carvedilol and sotalol, both beta blockers, as I tend to go into v-tach for no durned good reason, and a history of a-fib for which I had a maze procedure. I have a pacemaker/defibrillator, but my arrythmia is well controlled with the medications. I'm pacemaker dependent due to complete heart block after the Maze, but I've never been zapped by the defibrillator portion. Not in 5 years. The most it has done is stronger pacing when I accidentally ate a high dose of MSG in japanese food and started high incidents of pvcs, edging to vtach. I called the EP at 1 am and she had me take an extra 1/2 dose and it stopped. So the meds can be a very good thing, and very effective.

Latest posts

Back