4 Days Post Surgery - On-X Valve At Aortic Position and MV Repair

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mah84

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Today is my 4th Day post-op. My surgery went very well and better than expected especially the Mitral Valve repair. Surgeon was saying he will try to do 90% repair and leave the Mitral Valve with minimal and acceptable leak but he was able to perform 100% repair.....Wohooooooo....I was so happpy to hear when my surgeon told me about this in ICU when my anesthesia was slowly wearing. Aortic Valve is replaced with ON-X Valve.

My appetitte is getting better day-by-day and i am walking frequently and doing breathing exercises well. Didn't have any major issues post surgery except my sleeping patterns are little disturbed with all meds. Surgeons are very happy that i have been very calm all through this process which is helping me in my recovery. Tomorrow i will be discharged and will be going home.

I want advice about which Coagucheck kit is best for INR Check?

Thanks,
Mahesh

Congratulations man, you are only 2 years older than me, had my surgery 3 weeks ago and it also went great, I think it does really help to have this done young. It is great that the repair works a 100 percent !

congrats, glad to hear it went well. I see you're from Harrisburg, if you don't mind me asking where did you have your surgery at?

Congratulations Mah84 l am so happy surgery went so well for you. And such a quick discharge whoot whoot you must be completely pleased with the whole process.
Xx wish you an amazing recovery going forward! !

A Coagucheck xs was supplied to me by the company that imports the St Jude valves into NZ. I have found it extremely easy to set up and use, apart from the odd not enough blood on the strip fault. I still do testing at the hospital lab (they use coaguchek) but use it weekly until I'm truly comfortable with my INR , also when I go away.
All the best.

I am coming up on my 3 year anniversary on the 18th with my ON-X valve.. Coumadin no problem....self test at home with CoaguChek desired INR range 1.8 to 2.2.

Best of luck with your recovery.

Latest posts

Back