4 days of rain in the forcast

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bocco

With 4 days of rain in the forcast I won't be getting in my 2 walks per day. Should I try going to the gym and using an elipticle trainer? Or just wait it out on the sofa?

Walk in between storms, or go use the treadmill. You are probably not up to the elliptical yet - especially the arms.

I would say that if the rain isn't too hard then get a good coat and a large umbrella and walk. If you have a spouse or significant other, then con them into taking a slow romantic walk in the rain with you. Or if there is an inside mall nearby, then get someone if you can to drive you there and window shop as you walk around. As appealing as that sofa might seem, it is better to try and keep up your walk routine in some form. Good Luck.

Don't just wait it out on the sofa! Walk somewhere, or just get up and dance in front of the couch...as long as you are moving.

I find an elliptical easier than a treadmill...the ones at my gym don't have arm movement. Since you can go as slow as you want, I wouldn't expect it to be a problem. Just keep in mind that you WILL burn more energy than you do walking, so you may want to keep your distance and time shorter than you would. I started on the elliptical on my first day of rehab.

I vote for walk in the mall (we do it a lot, and wife gets some window-shopping time too), on the threadmil, or elliptical without hands. I loved the idea of romantic walk in the rain, but it sounds wet and cold ;)

I vote for walk in the mall (we do it a lot, and wife gets some window-shopping time too), on the threadmil, or elliptical without hands. I loved the idea of romantic walk in the rain, but it sounds wet and cold ;)

I don't know about N. California, but down here in SoCal, it is sometimes wet if wind is involved but rarely ever very cold. I love the rain and we don't get enough of it here, so any chance I get to be outside even in the rain, I take it.

I hate malls. My gym has some machines that move your feet in an elipticle fashion but do not have the moving handles. I'm not sure what they are called but they are my prefered machine anyway. But they may not be the best idea. The weather is supposed to get a litle better tomorrow so I'll see if I can get out.

Bocco - Does your gym have an indoor track? When I was first home and recovering, I found that the local park district fitness center had an indoor track and they would usually let me walk laps without paying a guest fee. Just find out how many laps per mile and go to it. Since my early recovery took place during the late part of a Chicago winter, this was a godsend.

Back