36 years old, AVR on March 1st...feedback on valve selection

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry I didn't get to respond sooner. I had my surgery when I was 20, I am 28 now, and initially I was supposed to get the cadaver valve, however there was possibility that it would not be the right size and I would have to get the Mechanical Valve. After, surgery I was told I had gotten the Mechanical valve and I must say that I am happy that I got it because even though they may be able to do it with a better procedure there were not guarantees that I wouldn't have to get OHS again and I wouldn't want to go thru any of that again. Being on coumadin is not as bad as I thought and I my lifestyle is more active now than it was before I had surgery. I never had any issues with bleeding because of the blood thinner and I still have with a razor. The only major difference is I bruise more easily but that is nothing compared to having to go thru the surgery again. I am guessing that you already had your surgery so I hope you have an update for us soon.

Latest posts

Back