36 Years of Clicking!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John & Joann

Dec. 10th, 1971-A date that we will never forget. Joann received 2 mechanical heart valves that saved her life. This is not written to congratulate her, but rather to give hope and encouragement to all of the other members that are walking in the sand following her pioneer path.

Let's look at what we did not know:

Clicking Sound of the old Starr-Edwards
Coumadin
Protime
Bruise Issues
Infection Issues
Complications with other medical issues
Pump Head Side Effects
Emotions
Change in weather and the chest coefficient of expansions issues
Relationship with multiple doctors
Moderate limitations on lifestyle
Atrial Fib.
No sources to learn from others--except a 20 page pamphlet given after surgery.

Cleveland Clinic was performing 1 valve surgery and 8 bypass in a day. They were the biggest in the United States by a WIDE MARGIN!

The good news is that the Joann has won the battles. We believe that her religious faith, love of her family, great doctors, and the "will to live" have helped her walk the path, climbed the mountain, and look forward to the future.

Thank you Hank and Ross for providing this forum. Best wishes to all of the participants in your life journey!

God Bless!

John for Joann

John and Joann-That is beyond awesome!!:) :) :) I am thrilled for you both-and thanks for paving the way for the rest of us!!!!:) Deb

Great to see people who have gone through so many years, it gives us hope, thanks for sharing and wishing you many more years of clicking, well done.

John,

Thanks to you and Joann for reminding us that, no matter what we face today, there were many people who came before us and made our survival possible.

Despite all the debates that happen, the ultimate reality is that the will to live life to the fullest is what we all seek.

Happy Valve Birthday to Joann and to you, John, and the rest of her family and friends whose support makes such milestones possible.

Happy anniversary to both of you as we know this is a joint effort!:) Wishing you many more years of good health and inspiration to others!

Congratulations to both of you! Her story is VERY inspiring!

Congratulations, John and Joann! 36 years is fantastic! And I know from experience that the path can sometimes have a lot of potholes and twists and turns.

God Bless.

John and Jo

YOU may not have written that post to congratulate Jo, BUT I SURE AM!!!!!

That's quite a milestone and you both deserve MEGA CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

May you both have another 36!!!!

EVELYN

Congratulations Joanne and John.
As another double valver you give me the inspiration that I look for . Thank you for sharing your life with us and I wish you many more ticking years ahead. Yes, we tickers are special.

JoAnn, you are an inspiration and a great example of what can is an awesome journey to save your life. We know that John cares so very much for you - he lets us know in so many ways. Both of you are so fortunate in your love and caring for each other. Thanks for posting for JoAnn, John.

Encouraging and offering hope indeed!

Encouraging and offering hope indeed!

Hi John and Joann -

Very nice to read; thank you for sharing it with us!

36 Years.... OUTSTANDING and hot on RCB's trail.

Thank you for all that you've done and all that you've been through! :)

I'd like to add my congratulations on your anniversary. You are an inspiration to both new and old valve recipients. Stories like yours is what makes VR.com such a valuable reference.:D :D

Dick

ps I am "ticked" at my surgical hospital. They never gave me the "20 page pamphlet". ;)

Back