35th Anniversary of 2 Mechanical Valves

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John & Joann

Dec. 10th Joann (my wife of 47 years) will celebrate her anniversary of 2 mechanical heart valves. During this time we have seen SIGNIFICANT progress. You would never believe the issues regarding this disease in the 60's. Fortunately, they learned so that Joann can live.

The purpose of this post is to give home to the newer members. Joann has 2 mechanical valves, 3 bypass, a pacemaker, and peripheral vascular disease. In spite of these issues, she washes her own windows, cleans her house, cooks, and enjoys life. We were in Vermont, upstate New York, and Pennsylvania in our RV this fall. We will leave for Florida in several weeks to spend 3 months as a snowbird at Port Charlotte, Florida.

Her life is a GIFT FROM GOD!!!! We are fortunate to have a supportive daughter, 3 grandchildren that include us in their high school activities, and have been very fortunate to find the BEST physicians for every challenge. We are strong advocates for Cleveland Clinic, but know that there are many other facilities that are QUALITY and DEDICATED!

Joann is always willing to share via email or telephone her experiences to assist you arriving at your answer for your valve problems.

We thank GOD for Joann. We thank God for Hank and Ross!

John for Joann who did not know that I was writing this post!!!!

While it's still early, CONGRATULATIONS! We sure don't know a lot of people with this type of year mark underneath their belts. Were happy that your part of this family and forum. May you have continued longevity with your clickers in place. :D

Joann (and John),

Thank you for being part of this family. You are truly one of the pioneer patients in valve replacement surgery and we thank God for your success and for sharing your stories.

I realized, as I read the post, that my first marriage took place the evening of Joann's first VR on December 10, 1971. Isn't it fascinating that, on the same day I was so happy, there was another person struggling and fighting for her life. 9 short years later, I would benefit from the knowledge gained from her surgery.

So much has changed for me in the last 35 years, a divorce, 3 OHS and a new love of my life. None of the experiences, both good and bad, would have been possible without people like Joann.

We all look forward to our 35th anniversaries and are grateful that you are here to let us help celebrate yours.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart (pun intended) and congratulations. Here's to 35 more.

Praise God! And thank you Joann for being a pioneer for the rest of us. May your life and John's continue to be blessed with love, health and wonderful living.

What an absolutely inspirational post for those of us in the waiting room. John and Joann thank you for being willing to share your experiences with us - Congratulations on your valve anniversary Joann!!! :)

Early congrats on this incredible milestone. As a fairly new member, and one still dealing with OHS recovery, Joann's story is very comforting. Thanks for sharing your experience.

What a beautiful and encouraging experience of love and endurance.

So happy for you both and your extended family also.

Congratulations Joann and John too...!

Congratulations Joann and John too...!

Big congratulations to my two heros on this website. I remember you both from the beginning and that was only 7 short years ago.

Quite a milestone there Joann.. You certainly have paved the way for all of us - you are a true inspiration..!

Good on ya!

Congratulations Joann and John. What a testament to excellent medical care and a wonderful and loving relationship.

Congratulations and thank you for giving hope to other double valvers such as myself - it is good to know that it is possible to live a long life after this surgery. Thank you and may you have many more years.

Congratulations, Joann on 35 clicking and ticking years!!:D And John, your post shows the importance of a partner's love and attention while we live our lives with these heart valve problems. Wishing you another 35 wonderful years together! LINDA

Joann is a very special lady.

Joann is a very special lady.

Hello John & Joann!!

I always remember the anniversary of Joann’s heart valve..... it’s the day after my birthday! :)

I’m so happy to hear that Joann is feeling well and traveling the US! Speaking of which....!! I sure hope you guys can make it to Colorado next June!! :) It’s a beautiful time of year to visit. If you come in your RV, I’ll make sure there’s one where we stay. Tell Joann to mark her calendar!! :D

Yes Joanne,You go girl!!!! I didn't have valves put in but did have open heart surgery to close up 5 holes in my heart in 1962.Had it done at university hospital in cleveland,ohio. It wasn't that well known in 1962. It has been 44 years and 2 children later so my life has been a gift from God also!! Cheers to Life!!!

What a nice post to sign in and read! I am so glad I have had the chance to get to know the two of you a little on this site. I too hope you have many more years together.

Thank you for your inspirational post. As an anxious member in the waiting room, it was very encouraging to read!

God Bless You Both!

Susie

Congratulations on your upcoming 35th anniversary. Joann serves as an inspiration to us all--single or double, mechanical or tissue!

Joann
Congratulations on your upcoming 35th anniversary/rebirthday. John a big thumbs up on being such a supporting spouse. That is wonderful news.
Kathleen

Happy birthday ;)

If you offered me 35 years with my 2 week old valve i'd take that offer today no problem, 37+35=72 and that will do me nicely, especially if they don't have to open me up again.

Great to hear of such a long term success.

Regards and heres to many more tick tock's to come...:D

Latest posts

Back