3 month follow-up with great news

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tgmorris

I saw my cardio today, 3 months and 1 day since my AVR. I asked about coming off meds and he said since my pre-op cath was so clean, and the only problem I had was the severely calcified BAV, he didn't see any problems. I reduce my Toprol XL from 25mg to 1/2 that for a week and then stop completely. I also get to halve my 5mg Norvasc and if there's no rise in BP after a week then that ends as well. At this point the only thing I'll be staying on is my multivitamin and 81mg aspirin. In closing, he said to schedule my next appointment in a year. :biggrin2:

I completed my 21st session of cardio rehab yesterday and will be cut loose after 24. I've been working out 6 days/wk (3 @ rehab + 3 @ home) so I'll continue doing the 6 sessions, they'll just all be at home.

Other than the scar from the surgery about the only other souvenir I've got left is a nagging muscle pain in the vicinity of my left pectoral. It's slowly getting better to the point that I basically never think about it, but once in a while I'll get a twinge.

I saw my cardio today, 3 months and 1 day since my AVR. I asked about coming off meds and he said since my pre-op cath was so clean, and the only problem I had was the severely calcified BAV, he didn't see any problems. I reduce my Toprol XL from 25mg to 1/2 that for a week and then stop completely. I also get to halve my 5mg Norvasc and if there's no rise in BP after a week then that ends as well. At this point the only thing I'll be staying on is my multivitamin and 81mg aspirin. In closing, he said to schedule my next appointment in a year. :biggrin2:

I completed my 21st session of cardio rehab yesterday and will be cut loose after 24. I've been working out 6 days/wk (3 @ rehab + 3 @ home) so I'll continue doing the 6 sessions, they'll just all be at home.

Other than the scar from the surgery about the only other souvenir I've got left is a nagging muscle pain in the vicinity of my left pectoral. It's slowly getting better to the point that I basically never think about it, but once in a while I'll get a twinge.

You sound great! It's gratifying to read that you're doing so well three months out. We love a positive outcome!:smile2:

Latest posts

Back