3 days post op...YIPPIE!!!!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mac

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Well, we made it. AVR and 1 by pass done. Had surgery Thursaday around 1:00pm. ICU was uneventfull other then the fact that I wanted to drink water, which makes you nauseated, which you absoultly do not want. I did deep breathing to avoid this. Just enjoy the ice chips. Don't be a hero the first 2 days take meds for the pain. My chest is fine, but the shoulder blades really catch hell from the spreading. Day 3 and I am just on tylonial now. Eco this morning and should be going home tomorrow. Hey!!!!, I made it to the other side, it's all down hill from here.

Later,

Mac

Well, we made it. AVR and 1 by pass done. Had surgery Thursaday around 1:00pm. ICU was uneventfull other then the fact that I wanted to drink water, which makes you nauseated, which you absoultly do not want. I did deep breathing to avoid this. Just enjoy the ice chips. Don't be a hero the first 2 days take meds for the pain. My chest is fine, but the shoulder blades really catch hell from the spreading. Day 3 and I am just on tylonial now. Eco this morning and should be going home tomorrow. Hey!!!!, I made it to the other side, it's all down hill from here.

Later,

Mac
You sound great! I wasn't doing as well as you at three days post-op. I'm with you about the ice chips. I bargained with my nurse all night long, my first post-op night, for more ice chips.

Wonderful Mac! I only got out of ICU at day 5 and then to general ward. Was only allowed home on the 9th day post-op. You are doing really well!! Wishing you a smooth and bump free downhill ride from here, take it easy though!

Congratulations.

I can definately relate to the shoulder blade issue. Mine hurt more than my front and it still lingers a bit.

Mac,

Glad to hear everything went well and my thoughts are with you. Thirst was the biggest complaint I had the first night as well..... I remember waking up and asking for a drink of water, but they said no. The nurse did use a swab with water on my lips, but that did not cut it. When they finally gave my a cup of water in the morning, I was in heaven.... I never had any nausea, but I can understand not wanting to have any.

Glad to hear from you. I do remember the thirst! They would only give me ice chips too and those were sparingly. I did not get at all sick from them. Was sure glad to have some water. I sympathize with you there. Hope you continue to have each day better that the last.

Home in 4 days! Wow! You must have had a minimally invasive procedure.

Good going!

Mac,
Congratulations on your return home and successful surgery. Now don't forget to take things slowly, eat, rest and walk.

Best wishes for a continued smooth recovery.

Back