2 years post op symptoms anyone!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extraordinary

well i had my operation almost 2 years ago ( by April it will be 2 years ) I'm 26 years old had AVR ONX-19 MM ., that was my 3rd OHS i feel like i solved a problem and get over with its symptoms just to have a whole new list of syptoms i feel very upset cause i feel sometimes like i just wanna have a normal life like everyone since I'm over with the surgery i got light headed and dizzy sometimes , i get this weird muscle pain at any time in any part of my body ( hand, back, sides or arms ) and i have this pain it's really painful i try to take a Tylenol to relief myself from the pain often when the pain is offer i start to have a little blood coming from my mouth, lately i've been having yellow hands or blue legs and after checking that all my valves and heart is ok the doctor told me it maybe a disease that is called Raynaud's and i didn't care cuz all i wanted to hear is that my valves are ok believe me I'm not ready for any other OHS ... i sometimes get palpitations and all of these symptoms are draining me and taking so much over my life especially that the doctors didn't get them diagnosed or find out the reason why .. all these symptoms get me feeling that ill drop dead anytime which is not an awesome feeling at all
i live in Kuwait had my surgery done in Cleveland clinic USA .. right now just been seen by the cardioligist here in Kuwait but can't wait to get my papers done and seen by my surgeon and doctor over there hopefully they will get an answer
any one here have any of similar post op-symptoms ? and have they been diagnosed ?

My 2-year anniversary is in march, I'm 44 now, and also have an On-X valve. I've noticed recently I have been getting cold hands (or sometimes only 1 hand!). The cold isn't as severe as before surgery, and my toes aren't cold. Once I had my heart fixed, I was diagnosed with superficial venous insufficiency - the little valves in my leg-veins weren't working and blood was pooling in my feet & ankles.

I know it's frustrating to get one thing fixed and have another thing go wrong. I'm sorry you're going through this. I'm interested to hear what happens next.
-Meredith

MrsBray;n860908 said:
My 2-year anniversary is in march, I'm 44 now, and also have an On-X valve. I've noticed recently I have been getting cold hands (or sometimes only 1 hand!). The cold isn't as severe as before surgery, and my toes aren't cold. Once I had my heart fixed, I was diagnosed with superficial venous insufficiency - the little valves in my leg-veins weren't working and blood was pooling in my feet & ankles.

I know it's frustrating to get one thing fixed and have another thing go wrong. I'm sorry you're going through this. I'm interested to hear what happens next.
-Meredith

nothing yet just vitamin D defiancy is what i figured out :D
have you had children after the on-x valve I'm thinking of getting pregnant :D?

extraordinary;n866622 said:
nothing yet just vitamin D defiancy is what i figured out :D
I can't help with your original question BUT have you had your vitamin D level tested ? If you're deficient then tiredness can be a symptom but it's very easy to raise your level of D by taking 'loading' doses of vitamin D and get retested after a short period of time to check your level has risen. Have a look at this docotrs' website for the kind of guidance doctors use: http://www.imperialendo.com/for-doct...n-d-guidelines Bear in mind they are measuring the level of vitamin D in nmol/L rather than US figures which are ng/ml.

(PS - I've been prescribed vitamin D by my GP for the about six years and have blood tests every six months, despite not being deficient, as my endocrinologist wants my levels of D to be in the optimal range, which they are, always around 150 nmol/L (60 ng/ml) - lab reference range where my tests are done for optimal level is 75 to 175 nmol/L. Vitamin D is discussed a lot on other forums I'm on)

Last edited:
extraordinary;n866622 said:
have you had children after the on-x valve I'm thinking of getting pregnant :D?
oh LORD no! I've been child-free by choice for all my 45 years, and I intend to stay that way. My sister has 4 and my brother have 2, so I've got plenty of children to spend my love on. <3

Latest posts

Back