2 black eyes

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Gisele

In my twenty years on Coumadin I have never fallen severely (even while skiing) until last Sat. when I fell down the entire set of cellar stairs. (head first-of course). X-rays showed no fractures and CAT scan showed no bleeding in my head (don't know how I managed that one). Anyhow, right now I do have a problem with two black eyes. Has anyone had one before and how long did it take to go away. I know each person will vary, but every morning I wake up and find a larger area of white skin covered in a bright purple color. I just want it all to go away. I know when it starts to fade I can cover with make-up, but for now that is impossible. So what do you all think? Two-three weeks before my eyes start going back to normal?

Gisele

HI Gisele,
Sorrry ro hear about your fall. Last Xmas I fell into a table a blacked both my eyes. They said it was do to a low payettes
count too! You might want to have yours check. Alot of valves can cause this problem.
SHerrin Hutt

What a clutz!

What a clutz!

Gisele,

Ouch!! I'd say 2-3 weeks is about right.

Every time I "bonk" my elbow or knee or some other body part on a hard surface, I think to myself... "that'll be a nice bruise"! Once the ol' bruise comes on it seems to take forever to clear up.

Wow, 20 years on Coumadin!?

A hornet dive bombed me while I was mowing the grass and left me with a big ol' reddish bruise mark on my arm. I panicked for awhile, but had no allergic problem and just went with ice and endured the pain. I didn't even see him coming.

Please be careful.

I would plan on no less than 2 weeks.

I have a patient who bumped her face on a clothing rack at Wal Mart and has had two black eyes for a month. They are just starting to clear to where her glasses hide most of the marks.

Glasses, huh?

Glasses, huh?

Well, I have been looking pretty silly in the supermarket wearing sunglasses on a rainy day. I have some reading glasses but I didn't want that clear see through lense look. Hmmm, will try them on and see how much the frame covers. Between makeup and the glasses, maybe I can make it all look less apparent. Will give it a try--Thanks!

and I was just asking....

and I was just asking....

:) And I was just asking about bruises myself. Yea, based on my experience I would say 3-4 weeks easily. I'm not sure when it is worse, bright deep purple or icky yellow!! Anyway, it will go away ventually, must be different for different folks! Susan

Back