2 black eyes

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Gisele

In my twenty years on Coumadin I have never fallen severely (even while skiing) until last Sat. when I fell down the entire set of cellar stairs. (head first-of course). X-rays showed no fractures and CAT scan showed no bleeding in my head (don't know how I managed that one). Anyhow, right now I do have a problem with two black eyes. Has anyone had one before and how long did it take to go away. I know each person will vary, but every morning I wake up and find a larger area of white skin covered in a bright purple color. I just want it all to go away. I know when it starts to fade I can cover with make-up, but for now that is impossible. So what do you all think? Two-three weeks before my eyes start going back to normal?

Gisele

HI Gisele,
Sorrry ro hear about your fall. Last Xmas I fell into a table a blacked both my eyes. They said it was do to a low payettes
count too! You might want to have yours check. Alot of valves can cause this problem.
SHerrin Hutt

What a clutz!

What a clutz!

Gisele,

Ouch!! I'd say 2-3 weeks is about right.

Every time I "bonk" my elbow or knee or some other body part on a hard surface, I think to myself... "that'll be a nice bruise"! Once the ol' bruise comes on it seems to take forever to clear up.

Wow, 20 years on Coumadin!?

A hornet dive bombed me while I was mowing the grass and left me with a big ol' reddish bruise mark on my arm. I panicked for awhile, but had no allergic problem and just went with ice and endured the pain. I didn't even see him coming.

Please be careful.

I would plan on no less than 2 weeks.

I have a patient who bumped her face on a clothing rack at Wal Mart and has had two black eyes for a month. They are just starting to clear to where her glasses hide most of the marks.

Glasses, huh?

Glasses, huh?

Well, I have been looking pretty silly in the supermarket wearing sunglasses on a rainy day. I have some reading glasses but I didn't want that clear see through lense look. Hmmm, will try them on and see how much the frame covers. Between makeup and the glasses, maybe I can make it all look less apparent. Will give it a try--Thanks!

and I was just asking....

and I was just asking....

:) And I was just asking about bruises myself. Yea, based on my experience I would say 3-4 weeks easily. I'm not sure when it is worse, bright deep purple or icky yellow!! Anyway, it will go away ventually, must be different for different folks! Susan

Latest posts

Back