2.5 Months Post Op Incision - Ingrown Hairs?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arne

So I've noticed a few ingrown hairs around my incision (red blood blisters/pimples). One of them is bleeding now. Should I be worried? Or is this like any other sort of thing but near my incision? The last thing I want is an infection at the incision.

Aside from that, the incision was well healed a while ago.

Have you had a simolar experience?

Also, doing great these days, back at work, loving life!

I don't think so, had the same thing now and then after my 2nd surgery too ... get the same thing happen now too now and then. If they are just ingrowing hairs its occasionally caused just by shaving them.

Glad to hear you are doing well :)

Since you're 2.5 months out, I would imagine that your incision is well healed (no pun intended) by now, thus I would not really worry about a couple in ingrown hairs. Just keep normal wound care protocol (clean, antiseptic, dry, etc.) and you should be fine.

pellicle, you sly dog - do you shave your chest? Must be an international thing, but I wouldn't know - I never had enough chest hair to bother anybody.

Ha! Well maybe the gold chains are more visible with a shaved chest? I was expecting them to tell me I had to shave my chest prior to my surgery. Had my preadm testing yesterday and nothing was said.

Latest posts

Back